In 2018, the global market for food sweeteners is expected to reach USD 87 billion. Argentina food sweetener market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
Sugar dictates more than 80% share of this market. The major constraint in the sugar market is the volatility in prices, leading to market fluctuations.
Argentina food sweetener market is segmented into sugar, high-intensity sweeteners (HIS), and high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS). The Argentina market for HIS is expected to reach nearly USD 2 billion in 2023, registering a CAGR of 4.3%. This growth is due to increased awareness and use of dietary foods. Another major driver is the growing population of overweight, obese, and diabetic patients. Although HIS does not currently constitute a major share of the market, this is the fastest growing segment due to the rising health concerns among people. Aspartame and sucralose are the most famous sweeteners in the HIS segment.
Stevia plant grows naturally in South America, giving stevia extract an upper hand in the natural sweetener market in the region. This has also made stevia a leading natural replacement for sugar and artificial sweeteners, created jobs globally, and has contributed immensely to Latin American emerging economy. Even as the production base for stevia is being extended to Latin America and Africa, concerns that demand could overtake supply have led to significant investment in production capacity in the United States. The market is segmented based on applications viz., dairy & frozen products, bakery, beverages, confectionary, and others.
- February 2018 - DuPont Nutrition & Health Introduces GRINDSTED® Pectin Prime 541 for Reduced Sugar Fruit Spreads.
- August 2017 - Cargill Inc. will introduce a new stevia-based sweetener next year, hoping the move will boost sales.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview & Dynamics
3.2.1 Undeveloped cold storage chains in the value chain
3.2.2 Expanding Processed Foods market
3.2.3 Penetration of Organized Retail sector
3.3.1 Consumers demand for Natural Additives
3.3.2 Consumer Demand for Clean label solutions
3.3.3 Regulatory Environment
3.4.1 Growing demand for Natural Ingredients
3.4.2 Innovations to meet the wellness demand
3.4.3 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for improved International Trade
3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.5.3 Degree of Competition
3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
3.5.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Bulk Sweeteners
184.108.40.206 High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
4.1.2 Sugar Substitutes
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Dairy & Frozen products
4.2.4 Meat and seafood products
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by leading players
5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.2 Australian Stevia Mills
6.3 Cargill Inc.
6.4 Celanese Corporation
6.5 Corbion Purac
6.6 Corn Products International
6.8 Hermes Sweetners Ltd.
6.9 Kerry Group
6.10 Stevia First Corporation
6.11 Tate & Lyle Plc.
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Australian Stevia Mills
- Cargill Inc.
- Celanese Corporation
- Corbion Purac
- Corn Products International
- Hermes Sweetners Ltd.
- Kerry Group
- Stevia First Corporation
- Tate & Lyle Plc.