The sodium reduction ingredient (SRI) market in North America is the largest in the world, with an estimated share of nearly 45% in 2017. Though mineral salts corner the largest share of sodium reduction ingredients in terms of product type, the fastest growth in demand is likely to be registered by yeast extracts. By application area, snacks and meat products account for the largest share in terms of utilizing SRI.
The United States is the largest region for sodium reduction ingredient market in North America, though fastest demand in growth is expected to be recorded by Mexico.
Excessive intake of sodium leads to some adverse health effects, hypertension being foremost among them. Alleviating these conditions to some extent has been possible through the use of sodium reduction ingredient, such as mineral salts, amino acids, and yeast extracts. Versatility in its application has provided the requisite impetus to these health-promoting products.
Some of the major factors driving demand for SRI include the greater emphasis on health nutrition, the growing knowledge about the detrimental effects of excessive intake of salt, improvement in taste, and increased demand for processed foods.
The North American sodium reduction ingredient market is segmented by type into amino acids and glutamates, mineral salts, yeast extracts and others. By application, it is segmented into bakery & confectionery, condiments, seasonings and sauces, dairy and frozen foods, meat & meat products, and other snacks.
- May 2017 - Amyris Inc, the industrial bioscience company, and Royal DSM announced their agreement for DSM to make an equity investment in Amyris.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings of the Study
4. Market Overview
4.2 Market Dynamics
126.96.36.199 Health & Wellness Campaigns Increasing Awareness among Consumers
188.8.131.52 Growing Demand from the Food Processing Industry
184.108.40.206 Identification of New Flavor Enhancing Ingredients
220.127.116.11 Cost Implications and Ingredient Combinations
18.104.22.168 Low Adoption Rate
22.214.171.124 Stringent Regulatory Framework
126.96.36.199 Innovation in Product Applications
4.2.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Buyers
220.127.116.11 Threat of New Entrants
18.104.22.168 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
22.214.171.124 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Amino Acids & Glutamates
5.1.2 Mineral Salts
126.96.36.199 Potassium Chloride
188.8.131.52 Magnesium Sulphate
184.108.40.206 Potassium Lactate
220.127.116.11 Calcium Chloride
5.1.3 Yeast Extracts
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery & Confectionery
5.2.2 Condiments, Seasonings, and Sauces
5.2.3 Dairy and Frozen Foods
5.2.4 Meat & Meat Products
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
7.2 Cargill Inc.
7.3 Danisco A/S
7.4 Dr. Paul Lohmann GmbH KG
7.5 Givaudan SA
7.6 Kerry Group
7.7 Royal DSM NV
7.8 Savory Systems International Inc.
7.9 Sensient Technologies Corp.
7.10 Tate & Lyle PLC