The Asia-Pacific food colorants market is estimated to record a CAGR of 5% during 2018 - 2023. The China market for food colorants is expected to witness a CAGR of 4.5%. The China food colorants market is a key segment of the food additives market and is of two types: natural and synthetic edible pigment. The market is driven by the aesthetic appearance of food colorants.
Easy Availability of Raw Materials
The Asia-Pacific food colorant market is driven by the ease of availability of raw materials, such as fruits and vegetables. Growing food safety concerns, in the global food markets, are compelling manufacturers to adopt clean labels. A major restraint that the industry faces is the growing awareness of the ill-effects of synthetic colors. This has triggered the demand for natural colors, which are expensive when compared to synthetic colors. Increasing disposable incomes and changing lifestyles in the emerging countries are driving the demand for processed foods. In order to attract the target segment, companies tend to add food colorants to their processed food products.
Stringent food-standard regulations imposed by several regulatory bodies are driving manufacturers to pursue alternatives to natural colorants.
Synthetic Colors Hold the Highest Market Share
The market is segmented based on the type of colors added to food: synthetic and natural. Synthetic colors, currently, hold the major share, but natural colorants are the fastest growing segment in the Asia-pacific food colorant market. Natural edible pigment is extracted mainly from a variety of plants and plant tissues, animals, and micro-organisms. In China, food colorants, such as the brown pigment is obtained from hazelnut shells, yellow pigment from yellow maize, and green pigment from the low baddish fanning of Hangzhou green tea.
Increasing awareness of the harmful effects of synthetic colors and chemicals has led to the abrupt increase in the demand for natural food colors in the international food markets. As Japan and all the European countries have banned the trade of synthetic colored food products, the Asia-Pacific food colorant market is also expected to shift toward natural food colors.
China Holds a Prominent Market in the Asia-Pacific Food Colorant Market
The Asia-Pacific food colorant market is estimated to see high growth rate, mainly attributed to the rising economies and increasing consumption of processed foods. The Asia-Pacific food & beverage colorants market is dominated by Australia & New Zealand, followed by Japan and China. The regulatory body of China plans to ban 17 synthetic food colorants, on the notion that, artificial food colorants affect the health of individuals, especially children. This can restrain the market growth.
- February 2018 - Starbucks has rolled out a color-changing cold brew coffee. The Butterfly Pea Lemonade Cold Brew is only available in Asia.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview & Dynamics
3.2.1 Easy availability of raw materials
3.2.2 Demand for clean labels
3.2.3 Changing Demographics
3.2.4 Growing awareness for natural colors
3.3.1 High Costs of Natural colors
3.3.2 Awareness on ill effects of few synthetic colors
3.3.3 Stringent Food Standards
3.4.1 Growing demand for innovations in Natural colors
3.4.2 Demand from emerging countries
3.4.3 Demand for functional foods
3.4.4 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for improved International Trade
3.5 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.5.3 Degree of Competition
3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
3.5.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 Food Colorants Market, by type
4.1.1 Synthetic Food colorants
4.1.2 Natural Food Colorants
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Dairy & Frozen products
4.2.3 Oils & Fats
4.2.5 Meat poultry & Sea Food products
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 Asia Pacific
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by leading players
5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Chr Hansen Holdings
6.2 D.D. Williamson & Co.
6.3 Royal DSM
6.4 Sensient Technologies
6.5 FMC Corp
6.6 Dohler Group
6.7 Naturex SA
6.8 Fiorio Colori S.P.A.
6.9 Kalsec Inc.
6.10 Kancor Ingredients