Dairy proteins have a unique combination of high nutritional values combined with excellent functionality. Increasing consumer awareness, especially for functional foods and dietary supplements, has been a critical factor for market development in recent times. The North America dairy protein market was valued at USD 2.07 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 3.14 billion by 2023 register a CAGR of 5.6%, during forecast period.
In mature markets, such as North America, several broad trends are creating growth opportunities for products high in protein. The red meat diet is diminishing in significance due to a major population shifting towards vegan diet and less meat intake, therefore driving dairy protein market in North America in an upward trajectory. The health benefits associated with dairy attracts athletes and individuals who exercise regularly. At the same time, it also attracts people who are looking for ways to help manage their weight. Even, the aged population of America is aiding the market growth in America. However, the availability of plant protein and stringent import regulations restraint the market growth.
The North American dairy protein market has been segmented based on the ingredients, applications, and regions. The ingredients market consists of whey protein concentrates and isolates, milk protein concentrates and isolates, casein and caseinates, as the major products. The North American market share of whey dairy protein is largely followed by casein and others. Whey powder, whey proteins and whey protein fractions accounted for a global market value of approximately USD 6.8 billion in 2016 and it is forecasted to grow rapidly in the coming years.
Based on the application of dairy proteins, the various sectors are food & beverage, infant formulations, personal care, and animal feed to name a few. The benefits associated with dairy protein, food & beverage industries are expanding and innovating continuously. They provide ideal nutrition and application source for the functional food & beverages, therefore, meeting the modern day demand. Considering the complete protein, which contains all essential amino acids necessary to build and maintain muscles, are found mainly in animal sources of protein, including meat, and dairy.
The US holds the major share of dairy protein market due to the awareness and easy availability of products. However, Mexico is the major growing market in the years to come due to the increase in population and awareness about health benefits is expected to register a CAGR of 6.2%, during the forecast period.
- January 2018 - Darigold launched Salted Caramel Milk as part of its Old Fashioned Milk product line. This rich, decadent beverage is made with farm fresh whole milk, utilizing the highest-quality ingredients.
- June 2016 - Darigold expanded its manufacturing plant in Sunnyside (Washington). The project allows the plant to process an extra 3.5 million pounds of milk per day, which is nearly a 70 percent increase.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Market Definition
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 The mainstreaming of less meat centric diets
3.3.2 The need for weight management and satiety
3.3.3 The rise in demand for exercise and performance nutrition
3.3.4 The awareness for Healthy aging
3.4.1 Stringent government regulations on import trade
3.4.2 Limited public understanding of the potential benefits of higher protein levels
3.4.3 Availability of alternatives, such as plant proteins
3.5.1 Increasing demand from developing countries
3.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.6.3 Degree of Competition
3.6.4 Threat of Substitution
3.6.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By ingredients
4.1.1 Milk Protein Concentrates (MPCs)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Concentrates (WPCs)
4.1.3 Whey Protein Isolates (WPIs)
4.1.4 Milk Protein Isolates (MPIs)
4.1.5 Casein and Caseinates
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Foods & Beverages
4.2.2 Infant formulations
4.2.3 Personal care & cosmetics
4.2.4 Animal Feed
4.3 By Region
4.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by leading players
5.3 New Product Developments & Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.3 Devondale Murray
6.4 Erie Foods Inc.
6.8 Idaho Milk
6.9 Laïta Group Milk Specialties Inc.
6.10 Sole Mizo
6.11 Tatura Milk Ind.