Infantile spasms (IS) is a rare seizure disorder that occurs in young children, usually under one year of age. Infantile spasm refers to sudden stiffening of the body, the arms, and the legs or forward bending of the head. Infantile spasms are caused by an identifiable underlying condition, such as: Central nervous system infections (such as herpes simplex virus, meningitis, and encephalitis), abnormal brain development or injury, Genetic abnormalities and Neurological disorders with skin lesions.
Growing number of births, rising prevalence of infantile spasms and product innovations are factors likely to drive the global infantile spasms therapeutics market. According to the National Organization for Rare Disorders, the incidence of infantile spasms is 2 to 3 per 10,000 live births, with a lifetime prevalence of 1.5 to 2 per 10,000 children. However, stringent regulations for product approvals may hinder the growth of the infantile spasms therapeutics market. Extensive research and development activities, pipeline drugs, and government initiatives are a few more factors projected to fuel the global infantile spasms therapeutics market in the near future.
Geographically, North America is expected to dominate the infantile spasms (IS) market during the forecast period. U.S held the major market share in the North America region owing to innovation of new products, early adoption of treatment procedures and extensive R&D activities. According to a study carried out in U.S around 2K to 4K new cases of infantile spasms disorder occur in the U.S. every year. The Asia pacific region is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to rising awareness about this disease and its treatment procedures.
The report on infantile spasms therapeutics market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global infantile spasms therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global infantile spasms therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global infantile spasms therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of dosage and route of administration.
Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
- Valerion Therapeutics
- Anavex Life Sciences Corp
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- H. LUNDBECK A/S
- ORPHELIA Pharma SA
- INSYS Therapeutics Inc.
- ETROPHIN INC.
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of infantile spasms therapeutics market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in infantile spasms therapeutics market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global infantile spasms therapeutics market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market
4. Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
5. Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Route Of Administration
6. Global Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
6.1.2. North America Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Route Of Administration
6.1.3. North America Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Country
6.2.1. Europe Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
6.2.2. Europe Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Route Of Administration
6.2.3. Europe Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Route Of Administration
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Country
6.4.1. RoW Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Dosage
6.4.2. RoW Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Route Of Administration
6.4.3. RoW Infantile Spasms Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.1. Valerion Therapeutics
7.2. Anavex Life Sciences Corp
7.3. Gw Pharmaseuticals
7.5. H. Lundbeck A/s
7.6. Orphelia Pharma Sa
7.7. Insys Therapeutics Inc.
7.8. Etrophin Inc.