The global market size of hospital infection therapeutics market was worth around USD 3.13 billion and it is projected to reach to USD 4.32 billion in 2024.The growth of the hospital infection therapeutics market is primarily due to increase number of patients admitted to hospitals, growing prevalence of several hospital infections and High number of pipeline drug molecules for specific treatment of healthcare associated infections. Furthermore, lack of knowledge about the blood transfusion safety measures, understaffing, insufficient hospital equipment and poor infrastructure particularly seen in the developing and underdeveloped nations are some of factors responsible for spreading hospital infection which, in turn increases the hospital infection therapeutics market. However, increase number of surveillance and infection control programs by government agencies, hospitals and other medical institutes may restrain the growth of this market.
Among the regions, the North America region accounted for the largest market share in 2017 followed by Europe. Major factors responsible for the leading position of the North American market includes rising number of multidrug- resistant microbial pathogens, increasing demand for advanced therapeutics and high prevalence of various hospital infections. Besides this, rising geriatric population and high awareness level is contributing the growth of North American and European region respectively. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR on account of rising awareness, demand for new and improved hospital infection treatment drugs and increasing healthcare infrastructure are responsible for driving growth in this region over the forecast period.
The report on hospital infection therapeutics market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global hospital infection therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global hospital infection therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global hospital infection therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of by drug type and by major infections.
Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
- Antibacterial Drugs
- Antiviral Drugs
- Antifungal Drugs
- Hospital Acquired Pneumonia
- Surgical Site Infections
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Bloodstream Infections
- Other Hospital Infections
- Bayer Ag
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Actavis Plc
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithkline Plc
- Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of hospital infection therapeutics market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in hospital infection therapeutics market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global hospital infection therapeutics market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market
4. Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
4.1. Antibacterial Drugs
4.2. Antiviral Drugs
4.3. Antifungal Drugs
5. Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Major Infections
5.1. Hospital Acquired Pneumonia
5.2. Surgical Site Infections
5.3. Urinary Tract Infection
5.4. Gastrointestinal Disorders
5.5. Bloodstream Infections
5.6. Other Hospital Infections
6. Global Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
6.1.2. North America Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Major Infections
6.1.3. North America Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
6.2.1. Europe Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
6.2.2. Europe Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Major Infections
6.2.3. Europe Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
6.3. Asia Pacific
6.3.1. Asia Pacific Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
6.3.2. Asia Pacific Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Major Infections
6.3.3. Asia Pacific Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
6.4.1. RoW Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Drug Type
6.4.2. RoW Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Major Infections
6.4.3. RoW Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.1. Bayer Ag
7.2. Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
7.3. Actavis Plc
7.5. Bristol Myers Squibb Company
7.6. AstraZeneca Plc
7.7. Pfizer Inc.
7.8. Merck & Co, Inc.
7.9. Glaxosmithkline Plc
7.10. Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.