The global market size of sweet and savory snacks was worth USD 144.0 billion and it is projected to reach to USD 219.6 billion in 2024. In terms of volume, it is projected to reach to 148.35 MMT in 2024 expanding from 104.94 MMT in 2017. The growth in this market is primarily driven by factors such as changing lifestyles of the consumers worldwide, increasing snacking among the youth and new product launches among others. On the other hand, growing obesity concerns among the consumers, especially, from the developed countries of Europe and North America are likely to hinder the growth in this market over the forecast period. In addition, fluctuations in the raw material prices are likely to restrain the growth in this market over the forecast period.
Moreover, the global trend of preference for organic food is likely to drive the demand for organic snacks over the forecast period. This in turn, is anticipated to augment the opportunities in the global sweet and savory snacks market over the next six years. Among the regions, the North America region accounted for the largest market share in 2017, while the Asia-pacific region accounted for the second largest market for sweet and savory snacks. Growing geriatric population in Europe is one of the primary reasons for the sluggish growth in the European sweet and savory snacks market. The significant rise in population of youth and growing disposable income per capita is likely to augment the growth in the Asia-Pacific region over the next six years. As a result the sweet and savory market in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR among the regions in the world market over the forecast period.
The report on sweet and savory snacks market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global sweet and savory snacks market over the period of 2018 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global sweet and savory snacks market over the period of 2018 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global sweet and savory snacks market is segmented on the basis of product type and distribution channel.
Global Sweet and Savory Snacks Market by Product Type
- Crisps And Chips
- Extruded Snacks
- Nut Based Snacks
- Fruit Snacks
- Other Snacks
- Convenience Stores
- Service Stations
- Dollar Stores
- Department Stores
- Other Distribution Channels
- Diamond Foods Inc.
- Golden Wonder
- Procter & Gamble
- The Hain Celestial Group
- ITC Limited
- Kellogg Company
- ConAgra Brands Inc.
- Jack Link's Beef Jerky
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of sweet and savory snacks market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in sweet and savory snacks market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global sweet and savory snacks market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Sweet and Savory Snacks Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Sweet And Savory Snacks Market
4. Global Sweet and Savory Snacks Market by Product Type
4.1. Crisps And Chips
4.2. Extruded Snacks
4.4. Nut Based Snacks
4.6. Fruit Snacks
4.7. Other Snacks
5. Global Sweet and Savory Snacks Market by Distribution Channel
5.2. Convenience Stores
5.3. Service Stations
5.4. Dollar Stores
5.5. Department Stores
5.7. Other Distribution Channels
6. Global Sweet and Savory Snacks Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America sweet and savory snacks market by Product Type
6.1.2. North America sweet and savory snacks market by Distribution Channel
6.1.3. North America sweet and savory snacks market by Country
6.2.1. Europe sweet and savory snacks market by Product Type
6.2.2. Europe sweet and savory snacks market by Distribution Channel
6.2.3. Europe sweet and savory snacks market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific sweet and savory snacks market by Product Type
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific sweet and savory snacks market by Distribution Channel
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific sweet and savory snacks market by Country
6.4.1. RoW sweet and savory snacks market by Product Type
6.4.2. RoW sweet and savory snacks market by Distribution Channel
6.4.3. RoW sweet and savory snacks market by Sub-Region
7. Company Covered
7.2. Diamond Foods Inc.
7.3. Golden Wonder
7.4. Procter & Gamble
7.5. The Hain Celestial Group
7.6. Itc Limited
7.7. Kellogg Company
7.8. Conagra Brands Inc.
7.9. Jack Link's Beef Jerky