A genome is the genetic material of an organism. Genome engineering or genome editing is a type of genetic engineering in which DNA is inserted, modified, deleted or replaced in the genome of the living organism. Several approaches to genome editing have been developed. A recent one is known as CRISPR-Cas9, which is short for clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats and CRISPR-associated protein 9. Genome editing is of huge interest in the prevention and treatment of human diseases. Currently, most research on genome engineering is done to understand diseases using cells and animal models.
Rising prevalence of infectious diseases and cancer, and availability of research grants & funding from the government are the primary factors responsible for driving the genome engineering market. Genome engineering is widely used in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, these companies are constantly indulged in research and development activities to prepare an antidote for the various infectious disease and cancer that helps to augment market growth. However lack of trained professionals and adverse public perception of genetic research is likely to be the restraint for the market growth.
The use of genetic engineering to treat increasingly prevalent chronic diseases and in preparing specialized or personalized medicine can create huge growth opportunities in near future for genome engineering market.
Geographically, North America is in the leading position among the other regions with a significant market share. U.S drives the North America genome engineering market, on account of factors such as development of gene therapy, increasing use of genetically modified crops and huge government funding for genome engineering research. Europe is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, 2018-2024.
The report on genome engineering market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global genome engineering market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global genome engineering market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global genome engineering market is segmented on the basis of technology, application and end-user.
Global Genome Engineering Market by Technology
- Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)
- Transcription Activator-like Effector Nuclease (TALEN)
- Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN)
- Other Technologies
- Cell Line Engineering
- Animal Genetic Engineering
- Plant Genome Engineering
- Other Applications
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Horizon Discovery Group
- Sangamo Biosciences
- Integrated DNA Technologies
- New England Biolabs
- Origene Technologies
- Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of genome engineering market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in genome engineering market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global genome engineering market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Genome Engineering Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Genome Engineering Market
4. Global Genome Engineering Market by Technology
4.1. Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)
4.2. Transcription Activator-like Effector Nuclease (TALEN)
4.3. Zinc Finger Nuclease (ZFN)
4.4. Other Technologies
5. Global Genome Engineering Market by Application
5.1. Cell Line Engineering
5.2. Animal Genetic Engineering
5.3. Plant Genome Engineering
5.4. Other Applications
6. Global Genome Engineering Market by End-User
6.1. Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
6.2. Academic & Government Research Institutes
6.3. Contract Research Organizations
7. Global Genome Engineering Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Genome Engineering Market by Technology
7.1.2. North America Genome Engineering Market by Application
7.1.3. North America Genome Engineering Market by End-User
7.1.4. North America Genome Engineering Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Genome Engineering Market by Technology
7.2.2. Europe Genome Engineering Market by Application
7.2.3. Europe Genome Engineering Market by End-User
7.2.4. Europe Genome Engineering Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Genome Engineering Market by Technology
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Genome Engineering Market by Application
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Genome Engineering Market by End-User
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Genome Engineering Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Genome Engineering Market by Technology
7.4.2. RoW Genome Engineering Market by Application
7.4.3. RoW Genome Engineering Market by End-User
7.4.4. RoW Genome Engineering Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Thermo Fisher Scientific
8.3. Horizon Discovery Group
8.5. Sangamo Biosciences
8.6. Integrated DNA Technologies
8.8. New England Biolabs
8.9. Origene Technologies
8.10. Transposagen Biopharmaceuticals