The presence of high level of cholesterol in the blood is known as Hypercholesterolemia or High cholesterol. Fatty deposits in the walls of the coronary arteries is formed due excess cholesterol present in the blood. As the cholesterol accumulates, it causes atherosclerotic plaques to form, which narrows and hardens the artery walls and reduces the supply of blood to the heart. This increases the risk of angina and heart attack. High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, Very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol are the types of Human blood cholesterol.
Growing responsiveness to heart diseases associated with aging population is the key factor driving the growth of the market. Additionally, availability of funding and activities to promote health awareness programs by healthcare centers, rise in incidence of cardiovascular diseases and increasing awareness among people for reducing the harmful cholesterol levels to control heart diseases such factors are likely to boost the growth in this market.
Statins is expected to be largest segment among the drug class in 2016. Statins helps to reduce blood cholesterol levels, bring down the danger of chest pain, heart attack, and stroke caused by a blocked blood vessel.
Among the geographies, North America is expected to be largest market for hypercholesterolemia drugs due to increasing incidences of heart diseases and related disorders in the region. While, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow fast during the forecast period, owing to the presence of a large pool of patient and growing government initiatives in countries like China and India is likely to augment the growth in this region.
The report on hypercholesterolemia drugs market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global hypercholesterolemia drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global hypercholesterolemia drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global hypercholesterolemia drugs market is segmented on the basis of drug class, type of disease and mechanism of action.
Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- HMG-Coa Reductase Inhibitors
- Fibric Acid Derivatives
- Nicotinic Acid
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals
- Amgen Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Eli Lilly
- Merck & Co.Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Cipla Limited
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of hypercholesterolemia drugs market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in hypercholesterolemia drugs market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global hypercholesterolemia drugs market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market
4. Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
5. Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Type of Disease
6. Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Mechanism of Action
6.1. Bile Acid Sequestrants
6.2. HMG-Coa Reductase Inhibitors
6.3. Fibric Acid Derivatives
6.4. Nicotinic Acid
7. Global Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.1.2. North America Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Type of Disease
7.1.3. North America Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Mechanism of Action
7.1.4. North America Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.2.2. Europe Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Type of Disease
7.2.3. Europe Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Mechanism of Action
7.2.4. Europe Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Type of Disease
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Mechanism of Action
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.4.2. RoW Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Type of Disease
7.4.3. RoW Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Mechanism of Action
7.4.4. RoW Hypercholesterolemia Drugs Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Aegerion Pharmaceuticals
8.2. Amgen Inc.
8.3. Abbvie Inc.
8.4. Eli Lilly
8.5. Merck & Co.inc.
8.6. Pfizer Inc.
8.7. Sanofi S.a.
8.8. Teva Pharmaceuticals
8.9. Cipla Limited