H1N1 virus or swine flu is an infectious disease in humans caused by the swine H1N1 virus. H1N1 virus affects various species such as birds, swine, horses and other animals. When a person is infected with this virus, it causes damage to the respiratory system including nose, lungs and throat. This virus is contagious and can spread from human to human.
H1N1 virus is a ribonucleic acid virus belonging to the Orthomyxoviridae family. Influenza A viruses can be categorized on the basis of antigenicity of its surface glycoproteins neuraminidase and hemagglutinin. The virus used hemagglutinin element to bind to host cell receptors. This simplifies viral entry into the host cell. Neuraminidase protein enzymatically slices terminal sialic acid, which is present in mucins, thereby allowing the virus to reach underlying cells in the respiratory tract. Individuals with medical conditions such as blood disorders, asthma, kidney disorders, liver disorders, chronic lung disease, and neurodevelopmental and neurological conditions are at a high risk of being infected with this virus.
The rising incidences of swine flu, need for H1N1 vaccination is increasing worldwide. The antivirals are given to an individual through vaccine to prevent or reduce the effect of the virus. Additionally, the risk of respiratory diseases, and immune deficient diseases is increased among the geriatric population; thus increasing the risk factor for acquiring H1N1 influenza. Moreover, advancement in vaccine technologies has increased research in this field and substantial government support are likely to drive the growth of the market. On the other hand, lack of skilled medical professionals to and lack of alertness are the factors hampering the growth of the market.
Among the geographies, North America is expected to be the largest market for H1N1 vaccine followed by Europe due to the presence of developed research organization in this region. While, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow fast during the forecast period, owing to the increasing awareness about the diseases, rising cases of this infection and growing government support in countries like China and India is likely to augment the growth in this region.
Collaborations and mergers between manufacturing companies and government associations to maintain their presence in the world market and new product launches are the key strategic of the leading player in this market.
The report on H1N1 vaccines market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global H1N1 vaccines market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global H1N1 vaccines market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global H1N1 vaccines market is segmented on the basis of route of administration.
Global H1N1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
- Intranasal Vaccines
- Intradermal Vaccines
- Intramuscular Vaccines
- Baxter International
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
- Hualan Biological Engineering
- Sinovac Biotech
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of H1N1 vaccines market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in H1N1 vaccines market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global H1N1 vaccines market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global H1n1 Vaccines Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global H1n1 Vaccines Market
4. Global H1n1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
4.1. Intranasal Vaccines
4.2. Intradermal Vaccines
4.3. Intramuscular Vaccines
5. Global H1n1 Vaccines Market by Region 2018-2024
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America H1n1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
5.1.2. North America H1n1 Vaccines Market by Country
5.2.1. Europe H1n1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
5.2.2. Europe H1n1 Vaccines Market by Country
5.3.1. Asia-Pacific H1n1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
5.3.2. Asia-Pacific H1n1 Vaccines Market by Country
5.4.1. RoW H1n1 Vaccines Market by Route of Administration
5.4.2. RoW H1n1 Vaccines Market by Sub-region
6. Company Covered
6.2. Baxter International
6.6. Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
6.7. Hualan Biological Engineering