The wound healing is a complex process that involves the activation and synchronization of intracellular, and extracellular elements. Wound is healed with tissue regeneration and scar formation. Wound biologic healing helps in re-establishment of the natural repair mechanisms, which includes the application of active biological agents, such as plant-derived active biomolecules which reveal antioxidant, antimicrobial, or anti-inflammatory attributes.
The report defines wound biologics market as a product types of wound biologics such as skin substitutes and growth factors. Biologic skin substitutes have a wide range of applications. The increasing demand for tissue-engineered and cell-based therapies for the treatment of chronic wounds, skin substitutes are used.
Frequent occurrence of skin diseases, chronic wounds, rising incidences of burns and harmful accidences are the factors driving the growth of wound biologics market worldwide. In addition, rising demand of advanced biologics in the wound care treatment owing the high efficiency rate is projected to boost the growth of wound biologics market over the forecast period. In 2017, according to Global Diabetes Community, 422 million adults are living with diabetes worldwide, which is expected to increase to 642 million by 2040. However, the high cost of biologics and possible complications after undergoing wound biologics treatment may restrain the market growth. Moreover, increasing demand of innovative products for treatment is expected to create more opportunities for this market.
Among the geographies, North America is expected to be the largest market for wound biologics followed by Europe. growing occurrence of chronic diseases and rising demand for recombinant factors are likely to propel the growth in this region. While, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow fast during the forecast period owing to high prevalence of diabetic patients in Asian countries. In 2016, Indian Diabetes Research Foundation states that over 60% of the world’s population suffering from diabetes lives in Asia- Pacific region.
The report on wound biologics market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global wound biologics market over the period of 2026 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global wound biologics market over the period of 2026 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global wound biologics market is segmented on the basis of product.
Global Wound Biologics Market by Product
- Skin Substitutes
- Growth Factors
- Avita Medical
- Cytori Therapeutic
- Nuo Therapeutics
- Molyncke Health Care
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Smith and Nephew
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of wound biologics market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in wound biologics market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global wound biologics market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Wound Biologics Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Wound Biologics Market
4. Global Wound Biologics Market by Product
4.1. Skin Substitutes
4.2. Growth Factors
5. Global Wound Biologics Market by Region 2018-2024
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America Wound Biologics Market by Product
5.1.2. North America Wound Biologics Market by Country
5.2.1. Europe Wound Biologics Market by Product
5.2.2. Europe Wound Biologics Market by Country
5.3.1 Asia-Pacific Wound Biologics Market by Product
5.3.2. Asia-Pacific Wound Biologics Market by Country
5.4.1. RoW Wound Biologics Market by Product
5.4.2. RoW Wound Biologics Market by Sub-region
6. Company Covered
6.1. Avita Medical
6.4. Cytori Therapeutic
6.6. Nuo Therapeutics
6.7. Molyncke Health Care
6.8. Osiris Therapeutics
6.9. Smith and Nephew