Inhaling devices used to treat a variety of respiratory ailments are known as respiratory devices. Respiratory devices help patient to breathe more effectively. Obstructions and injury are common situations in which breathing assistance is necessary. Patients suffering from group of diseases that affect the lungs such as emphysema, bronchitis, and asthma need the respiratory device for their breathing problems.
Growing occurrence of chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma, pulmonary hypertension, chronic pulmonary lung disease, and occupational lung disease are the key causes boosting growth of the respiratory devices market, due to the need of therapeutic respiratory devices in the hospitals and in the homecare settings. In 2018, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported that asthma is a major non-communicable disease with an estimated 235 million people suffering from the condition. Moreover, aging is related with weakening of lung functioning and rise in prevalence of respiratory diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. As an individual grow old, the respiratory system go through numerous physiological, anatomical, and immunological changes. Thus, the demand for respiratory device is increase in the coming years, due to rise in occurrence of respiratory diseases in geriatric population. In addition, the technology advancement and development of innovative device will reduce the discomfort of the patient, without increasing any complications. On the other hand, the high costs of the devices are likely to hamper the growth of the market.
North America is expected to be the largest market for respiratory devices followed by Asia-Pacific. The demand for advance technology and suspicious compensation policies for respiratory care and rise in demand for advanced devices for home care use. Furthermore, growth in amount of tobacco smokers and increase in air pollution are likely to increase occurrence of respiratory disease, thus driving the growth of the market in the region. The U.K. and Germany are the largest revenue generating countries in this region. The growth in Asia Pacific is mainly, due to increase in awareness about respiratory diseases and improving health care infrastructure in this region.
The report on respiratory devices market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global respiratory devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global respiratory devices market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global respiratory devices market is segmented on the basis of product.
Global Respiratory Devices Market by Product
- Mechanical Ventilators
- 0xygen Concentrators
- Positive Airway Pressure Devices
- Philips Respironics
- ResMed Inc.
- GE Healthcare Ltd
- Hamilton Medical AG
- Smith’s Medical
- Teleflex Inc.
- Drager Medical GmbH
- Hamilton Medical AG
- Briggs Healthcare Inc
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of respiratory devices market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in respiratory devices market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global respiratory devices market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Respiratory Devices Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Respiratory Devices Market
4. Global Respiratory Devices Market by Product
4.1. Mechanical Ventilators
4.2. 0xygen Concentrators
4.3. Positive Airway Pressure Devices
5. Global Respiratory Devices Market by Region 2018-2024
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America Respiratory Devices Market by Product
5.1.2. North America Respiratory Devices Market by Country
5.2.1. Europe Respiratory Devices Market by Product
5.2.2. Europe Respiratory Devices Market by Country
5.3.1. Asia-Pacific Respiratory Devices Market by Product
5.3.2. Asia-Pacific Respiratory Devices Market by Country
5.4.1. RoW Respiratory Devices Market by Product
5.4.2. RoW Respiratory Devices Market by Sub-region
6. Company Covered
6.1. Philips Respironics
6.2. Resmed Inc.
6.3. GE Healthcare Ltd
6.4. Hamilton Medical Ag
6.5. Smiths Medical
6.6. Teleflex Inc.
6.7. Drager Medical Gmbh
6.8. Hamilton Medical Ag
6.9. Briggs Healthcare Inc