Multiple Myeloma is a type of cancer that is formed by malignant plasma cells. The normal plasma cells are mostly found in bone marrow and are thus an important part of the immune system. Multiple myeloma causes cancer cells to accumulate in the bone marrow, wherein they crowd out healthy blood cells. Rather than producing helpful antibodies, the cancer cells produce abnormal proteins that can cause complications.
Growing cases of plasma cancer across the globe due to exposure to harmful radiations or chemical, immune disorders or family history of the disease. Increased utilization of stem cell transplants and other new therapies. Also, development of novel drugs coupled with use of imaging technologies for disease assessment to augment the growth for the multiple myeloma drugs. These aforementioned factors are primarily responsible to drive the multiple myeloma drugs market. However, high treatment cost affects the multiple myeloma market, According to a study there is considerable population that is still not able to afford multiple myeloma cancer treatment. The development of new drugs and investment in research and development projects by government and non-government organizations is further expected to boost the market growth.
Among the regions, North America accounted for the dominant share in 2017. U.S primarily drives the North America multiple myeloma market, on account of presence of major multiple myeloma drugs manufacturing companies and their efforts in developing novel products to treat multiple myeloma cancer. Furthermore, factors such as increased healthcare infrastructure and improved healthcare reimbursement policies too are responsible to augment multiple myeloma drug market. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period ,2018-2024 on account of huge population base, that in turn increases the chances of more number of people being affected with multiple myeloma market and increased government initiatives to assist people affected with cancer disease.
The report on multiple myeloma market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global multiple myeloma market over the period of 2016 to 2026. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global multiple myeloma market over the period of 2016 to 2026. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global multiple myeloma market is segmented on the basis of drug type and distribution channel.
Global Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
- Immunomodulating Agents
- Proteasome Inhibitors
- Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Inhibitors
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Retail Pharmacy
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Channel
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Johnson and Johnson
- Celgene Corporation
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of multiple myeloma market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in multiple myeloma market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global multiple myeloma market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Multiple Myeloma Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Multiple Myeloma Market
4. Global Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
4.1. Immunomodulating Agents
4.2. Proteasome Inhibitors
4.3. Histone Deacetylase (HDAC) Inhibitors
4.4. Monoclonal Antibodies
5. Global Multiple Myeloma Market by Distribution Channel
5.1. Retail Pharmacy
5.2. Hospital Pharmacy
5.3. Online Channel
6. Global Multiple Myeloma Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
6.1.2. North America Multiple Myeloma Market by Distribution Channel
6.1.3. North America Multiple Myeloma Market by Country
6.2.1. Europe Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
6.2.2. Europe Multiple Myeloma Market by Distribution Channel
6.2.3. Europe Multiple Myeloma Market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific Multiple Myeloma Market by Distribution Channel
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific Multiple Myeloma Market by Country
6.4.1. RoW Multiple Myeloma Market by Drug Type
6.4.2. RoW Multiple Myeloma Market by Distribution Channel
6.4.3. RoW Multiple Myeloma Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.1. Onyx Pharmaceuticals
7.2. Bristol-myers Squibb
7.5. Johnson And Johnson
7.6. Celgene Corporation
7.7. Takeda Pharmaceuticals