Leukemia is the cancer of bone marrow, bone marrow is responsible for the blood cell production and it usually affects the white blood cell or leukocytes. Leukemia is caused when due to over-production of abnormal white blood cells, the part of the immune system which defends the body against infection such as invasion by bacteria, viruses, and fungi, as well as from abnormal cells and other foreign substance. According to WHO, leukemia is the most common blood cancer in males. Furthermore, national cancer institute (NCI) states that the rates of new leukemia cases have been rising on average 0.3% each year over the last 10 years. Death rates have been falling on average 1.0% each year over 2005-2014. Furthermore, in United States around 62,130 people are expected to receive the diagnostic of leukemia in 2017-2018.
The ongoing investments in R&D of leukemia therapeutics and innovation in drug delivery system are the major factors driving the growth of the market worldwide. Rising occurrence of the target disease and high rate of leukemia cases worldwide is anticipating the growth of this market. Moreover, the introduction of innovative therapies with improved efficiency and less side effects are expected to fuel the market growth over the forecast period. On the other hand, high treatment cost of leukemia is likely to restrain the growth of leukemia therapeutics market. The lack of awareness about the early diagnosis among the population is likely to hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, increasing healthcare expenditure, the government initiative, and investments for the treatments & research, and increased patient awareness about efficiency and safety, benefits of treatments and advancement in therapeutics are projected to create more opportunities for leukemia therapeutics market.
Among the geographies, North America is expected to be largest market for leukemia therapeutics followed by Europe due to the technological advancement, increasing patient awareness, and compassionate government policies in terms of incentives and investments in this region. While, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow fast during the forecast period, owing to the increasing awareness about the diseases, increasing investments in R & D expenditures and growing government support in countries like China, Japan and India is likely to augment the growth in this region.
Merger & acquisitions, new product launch and collaboration & agreements are the key strategies of the leading players in this market. For instance, in 2017 Novartis received approval by FDA to launch tyrosine kinase receptor FLT-3 for leukemia.
The report on leukemia therapeutics market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global leukemia therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global leukemia therapeutics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global leukemia therapeutics market is segmented on the basis of disease.
Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
- Baxter Healthcare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Bayer HealthCare
- Astex Pharmaceuticals
- Novo Nordisk
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of leukemia therapeutics market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in leukemia therapeutics market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global leukemia therapeutics market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market
4. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
5. Global Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Region 2018-2024
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
5.1.2. North America Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Country
184.108.40.206. Europe Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
220.127.116.11. Europe Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Country
18.104.22.168. Asia-Pacific Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
5.3.2. Asia-Pacific Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Country
22.214.171.124. RoW Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Disease
126.96.36.199. RoW Leukemia Therapeutics Market by Sub-region
6. Company Covered
6.3. Baxter Healthcare
6.4. F. Hoffmann-la Roche
6.5. Bayer Healthcare
6.6. Astex Pharmaceuticals
6.8. Novo Nordisk