Allergic rhinitis, or hay fever, is an allergic reaction to specific allergens. An allergen is an innocuous substance that causes an allergic reaction. This condition is usually caused by dust, animal dander, pollen, and certain food ingredients. Allergic rhinitis and sinusitis are related to each other, as allergic rhinitis blocks the nose, which in turn blocks the sinuses.
The market is expected to grow due to variety of drugs and nasal sprays are developed by manufacturers for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in the coming years. According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (AAAAI) estimates at least 50 million people in the US are affected by nasal allergies from which 30% of adults and 40% of children, in 2015. Increase in the occurrence of allergic rhinitis is likely to boost the growth of this market growth. Furthermore, Rise in the awareness about allergic rhinitis and high usage of tobacco are some of the factor driving the growth of the market.
Among the regions, North America is expected to be the largest market for allergic rhinitis. High incidences of allergic rhinitis in regions like the US, Canada, and other part of North America. In 2017, Catalent Pharma Solutions Limited received approval for Odactra drug, from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the first allergen extract to be administered under the tongue (sublingually), to treat house dust mite (HDM)-induced nasal inflammation (allergic rhinitis), with or without eye inflammation (conjunctivitis), for people aged between18 and 65 years. Pediapharm Inc. launched an advanced allergy medication - Rupall, in a tablet and oral form, in 2017, which is a first prescription antihistamine with three indications namely, symptoms associated with seasonal allergic rhinitis (SAR), perennial allergic rhinitis (PAR), and chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU), for children and adults aged 2 years and above suffering from the allergy.
The report on allergic rhinitis drugs market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global allergic rhinitis drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global allergic rhinitis drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global allergic rhinitis drugs market is segmented on the basis of class of drugs and route of administration.
Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
- Intranasal Corticosteroids
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals
- Belcher Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Reddy's Laboratories
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of allergic rhinitis drugs market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in allergic rhinitis drugs market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global allergic rhinitis drugs market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market
4. Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
4.2. Intranasal Corticosteroids
5. Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6. Global Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Region 2017-2023
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
6.1.2. North America Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6.1.3. North America Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Country
6.2.1. Europe Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
6.2.2. Europe Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6.2.3. Europe Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Country
6.4.1. RoW Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Class of Drugs
6.4.2. RoW Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6.4.3. RoW Allergic Rhinitis Drugs Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.5. Adamis Pharmaceuticals
7.6. Belcher Pharmaceuticals
7.7. Dr Reddy's Laboratories
7.8. Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma