Acne is caused due to excess oil produced by glands on skin and leaves mark or scar on the surface of skin. Face, neck, shoulder and chest are the place where acne usually appears. It is an inflammatory and chronic skin disease. Whiteheads, pimples, blackheads, cysts, and nodules are the result of acne. Intensification in androgen level during puberty causes acne. The cellular wall breaks, due to growth in oil glands under the skin that leads to acne. Lack of sleep, smoking, drug misuse, emotional and work-related stress, and alcohol consumption are major activates that causes acne. among teenagers and adults. Acne treatment depends on the skin type and the seriousness of the condition. A permanent cure to the acne problems is offered by Laser treatment that prevents future pigmentation issues.
Increasing consciousness of acne problems among the individual and awareness of the current and upcoming treatments is expected to drive the growth of the market. Growing demand of cosmetic and change in lifestyles is likely to boost the growth in the market. In addition, increase in per capita has encouraged customers to spend more on personal care. On the other hand, lack of expertise and skilled dermatologist are likely to restraint the growth of the market. Moreover, availability of drugs without prescription and the preference for alternative therapies for treating acne has been restricting the sales of branded acne products. Furthermore, technology advancement and research conducted by pharmaceutical companies is likely to bring opportunities to this market. Moreover, high dispersion of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in the emerging regions such as LAMEA and Asia-Pacific bring growth opportunities in this market.
Among the regions, North America is expected to have largest market share for acne market followed by Europe over the forecast period. Change in life style, increase in awareness about acne problem, and availability of acne treatment options are likely to boost the growth of acne drugs market in this region. Moreover, Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region owing to the growth in end use industry in china and India is likely to augment the market.
The report on acne drugs market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global acne drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global acne drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, Growth Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated with the author
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global acne drugs market is segmented on the basis of type, route of administration and drug class.
Global Acne Drugs Market by Type
- Combination Medications
- Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Hormonal Agents
- Topical Retinoid
- Oral Retinoid
- Bayer HealthCare
- Johnson & Johnson
- Reckitt Benckiser
- Oculus Innovative Sciences
- Aqua Pharmaceuticals
- Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals
- Cipher Pharmaceuticals
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of acne drugs market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in acne drugs market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global acne drugs market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Acne Drugs Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Acne Drugs Market
4. Global Acne Drugs Market by Type
5. Global Acne Drugs Market by Route of Administration
6. Global Acne Drugs Market by Drug Class
6.2. Combination Medications
6.4. Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
6.5. Hormonal Agents
6.6. Topical Retinoid
6.7. Oral Retinoid
7. Global Acne Drugs Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Acne Drugs Market by Type
7.1.2. North America Acne Drugs Market by Route of Administration
7.1.3. North America Acne Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.1.4. North America Acne Drugs Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Acne Drugs Market by Type
7.2.2. Europe Acne Drugs Market by Route of Administration
7.2.3. Europe Acne Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.2.4. Europe Acne Drugs Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Acne Drugs Market by Type
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Acne Drugs Market by Route of Administration
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Acne Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Acne Drugs Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Acne Drugs Market by Type
7.4.2. RoW Acne Drugs Market by Route of Administration
7.4.3. RoW Acne Drugs Market by Drug Class
7.4.4. RoW Acne Drugs Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Bayer Healthcare
8.2. Johnson & Johnson
8.5. Reckitt Benckiser
8.6. Oculus Innovative Sciences
8.7. Aqua Pharmaceuticals
8.8. Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals
8.9. Cipher Pharmaceuticals