"Success Case Study: MOD Pizza", is part of the author’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind the success of an artisan pizza chain in the USA and UK. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoid the risk.
An affordable option in the artisan market that has seen outstanding growth, MOD has facilitated trends in food and lifestyle to rapidly expand into a innovative fast-casual restaurant chain. Innovation can still occur in extremely diluted markets, where MOD has successfully taken on industry leaders.
- Simplicity is a key factor in the success of MOD.
- MOD uses natural, locally sourced ingredients to convey a premium image.
- Marketing efforts were in tune with the right consumer groups, presenting its brand as ethically motivated.
- With a growing consumer trend for personalization, MOD offers a range of interchangeable ingredients.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.