The year 2017 witnessed rapid expansion of automated logistics equipment market in China with the size soaring by 26.0% year-on-year to RMB87.2 billion and expected to exceed RMB100 billion in 2018. Propelled by favorable policies on intelligent automated equipment and swift growth of emerging logistics methods like smart logistics, E-commerce logistics and cold-chain logistics, the market is predicted to maintain an average annual rate of around 25% over the next five years, reaching RMB279.7 billion in 2022.
Product segment: automated sorting & conveying equipment get most popularized, accounting for 35.0% of the Chinese logistics equipment market in 2017, followed by automated stereoscopic warehouse (about 20%). Automated logistics equipment will become more intelligent and integrated, and various new logistics equipment, such as unmanned warehouse, unmanned port, UAV and logistics robot, will come into being thanks to technological innovation.
There comes the robust demand for logistics equipment from E-commerce, pharmaceuticals, clothing, automobile, home appliance, new energy, food, home building material, tobacco and military sectors in recent years. Automobile is the largest market for automated logistics equipment, occupying 18.8% (the equivalent of RMB16.38 billion) of total scale of the Chinese automated logistics equipment market. As more NEV production line projects are approved and more body-in-white production lines are transformed into automated production system, the demand for automated logistics equipment from the Chinese automobile market is expected to rise to RMB52.11 billion in 2022.
Pattern of Enterprises: foreign companies like DAIFUKU (Japan), Schaefer (Germany), Vanderlande (the Netherlands) and Dematic (the United States) are still dominant in China, particularly in high-end fields (E-commerce, airport, etc.). Most of these giants are system integrators that can provide total solutions. By contrast, local Chinese suppliers provide only equipment and focus on downstream industries like tobacco, pharmaceuticals, power system, clothing and food. Typical players are Shanxi Oriental Material Handling, Miracle Automation Engineering, Mesnac, Hubei Sanfeng Intelligent Conveying Equipment and SIASUN Robot & Automation.
In addition, amid bright prospects for automated logistics equipment, major E-commerce tycoons including Alibaba, JD and Suning have made their presence in automated logistics and equipment market, such as “new logistics” launched by Cainiao and “next-generation logistics” put forward by JD. In 2017, JD put the first whole-process unmanned warehouse into use; SF began construction of large logistics UAV headquarters base. Meanwhile, AGV firms represented by Quicktron, Geek+ and Aresbots stepped up their efforts in the field, further intensifying competition in automated logistics equipment market.
China Automated Logistics Equipment Industry Report, 2018-2022 underlines the followings:
- Chinese automated logistics equipment system market (size, product mix, demand structure, competitive landscape, etc.);
- Chinese automated logistics equipment market segments (automated stereoscopic warehouse, automated conveying equipment, AGV and forklift) (development, market size, competitive landscape, etc.);
- Automated logistics equipment in major downstream sectors like automobile, tobacco, and pharmaceuticals in China (development, demand, corporate pattern, etc.);
- Development of and trends in logistics, smart/E-commerce logistics, and cold-chain logistics markets in China;
- Operation of nine global automated logistics equipment companies and their development in China;
- Operation and development strategies of twelve Chinese automated logistics equipment enterprises.
Note: The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1.1 Automated Logistics System
1.1.2 Industry Chain
1.2 Automated Logistics Equipment
1.2.1 Definition and Classification
1.2.2 Development History
2. Development of China’s Automated Logistics Equipment Industry
2.2 Market Size
2.3 Product Mix
2.4 Market Demand
2.5 Competitive Landscape
2.6 Development Trend
3. Development of Automated Logistics Equipment Product Segments
3.1 Automated Stereoscopic Warehouse
3.1.2 Automatic Stereoscopic Warehouse VS General Warehouse
3.1.3 Market Size
3.1.4 Market Demand
3.1.5 Competitive Landscape
3.2 Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)
3.2.1 Market Size
3.2.2 Demand Structure
3.2.3 Competitive Landscape
3.2.4 Development Trend
3.3 Automated Sorter
3.3.1 Market Size
3.3.2 Product Mix
3.3.3 Competitive Landscape
3.4 Automated Conveyor
3.4.1 Market Size
3.4.2 Demand Structure
3.4.3 Corporate Competition
3.5 Palletizing Robot
3.5.1 Market Size
3.5.2 Competitive Landscape
3.6.1 Output and Sales Volume
3.6.2 Product Competition
3.6.3 Regional Competition
3.6.4 Competition Pattern
3.6.5 Development Trend
4. Demand from Main Downstream Sectors of Automated Logistics Equipment
4.1.3 Corporate Competition
4.1.4 Development Trend
4.2.1 Development Overview
4.3.3 Development Trend
5. Development of China’s Logistics Market
5.1 Development of Logistics Industry
5.2 Development of Intelligent Logistics
5.2.1 Development Overview
5.2.2 Development Trend
5.3 Express Delivery & E-commerce Logistics
5.3.1 Development Overview
5.3.2 Logistics Construction
5.4 Cold-chain Logistics
5.4.2 Development of Cold-chain Logistics-related Equipment
5.5 Warehousing and Logistics Park Construction
5.6 Development Trend
6. Major Global Automated Logistics Equipment Suppliers
6.1.3 Development in China
6.2 SSI Schaefer
6.2.3 Development in China
6.3.3 Warehousing & Logistics Business
6.3.4 Development in China
6.4.3 Development in China
6.5 Muratec (Murata Machinery)
6.5.3 Development in China
6.6.3 Development in China
6.7.4 Development in China
6.8 KNAPP AG
6.8.3 Development in China
6.9.3 Development in China
7. Major Chinese Automated Logistics Equipment Suppliers
7.1 Shanxi Oriental Material Handling Co., Ltd.
7.1.3 Projects under Construction
7.1.4 Development Prospects
7.2 Miracle Automation Engineering Co., Ltd.
7.2.3 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.2.4 Development Prospects
7.3 New Trend International Logis-Tech Co., Ltd
7.3.3 Projects under Construction
7.4 MESNAC (002073)
7.4.3 Projects under Construction
7.4.4 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.5 Anhui Heli Co., Ltd. (600761)
7.5.3 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.6 Zhejiang Noblelift Equipment Joint Stock Co., Ltd.
7.6.5 Projects under Construction
7.6.4 Output and Sales Volume
7.8 YongLi (300230)
7.8.3 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.9.3 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.10 Sanfeng Intelligent Conveying Equipment Co., Ltd. (300276)
7.10.3 Automated Logistics Equipment Business
7.11 Guandong Dongfang Precision Science & Technology (002611)
7.11.3 Intelligent Warehousing Equipment Business
7.12 KSEC Logistics & Information Industry Co. Ltd.
- SSI Schaefer
- Muratec (Murata Machinery)
- KNAPP AG
- Shanxi Oriental Material Handling Co., Ltd.
- Miracle Automation Engineering Co., Ltd.
- New Trend International Logis-Tech Co., Ltd
- MESNAC (002073)
- Anhui Heli Co., Ltd. (600761)
- Zhejiang Noblelift Equipment Joint Stock Co., Ltd.
- YongLi (300230)
- Sanfeng Intelligent Conveying Equipment Co., Ltd. (300276)
- Guandong Dongfang Precision Science & Technology (002611)
- KSEC Logistics & Information Industry Co. Ltd.