Written for health practitioners and students new to medical ultrasound, this book provides all the basic physics and technological knowledge they need in order to practise ultrasound effectively, including safety aspects of ultrasound, quality assurance and the latest techniques and developments.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Principles and physics of ultrasound imaging - simple terminology definitions
3. The piezoelectric effect
4. Acoustic impedance
5. The ultrasound beam
8. Ultrasound interactions and attenuation
10. Instrumentation and controls
11. Physical principles of Doppler ultrasound
12. Ultrasound safety
13. Quality assurance and performance testing
14. Mew technology and recent advances in ultrasound imaging
15. Multiple choice questions, answers to multiple choice questions
Cole, David Senior Lecturer and Postgraduate Ultrasound Programme Director, Division of Radiography, University of Central England, Birmingham.
Sassano, Antonio Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Health and Social Care, University of the West of England, Bristol.