A textbook for dental students covering firstly those areas of general surgery with which a dental student needs to be familiar and secondly oral surgery, emphasising the overlap between the two areas.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. History and examination
3. Wound healing and suture materials
4. Complications of surgery
5. Fluid balance metabolism and nutrition
6. Blood disorders and their management in surgical practice
7. Cross infection control
8. Surgical sepsis
10. General anaesthesia
11. Conscious sedationB. Specialist surgical principles12. Maxillofacial trauma
13. Orthognathic surgery
14. Salivary gland surgery
15. Plastic surgery
16. Management of facial clefts
17. Management of orofacial malignancy
18. Otorhinolaryngology (ENT surgery)
20. Temporomandibular joint investigation and surgery
PART II: ORAL SURGERY
22. History and diagnosis
23. Basic oral surgical techniques
24. Local anaesthesia
25. Extraction techniques
26. Complications of extractions
27. Wisdom teeth
28. Cysts of the jaw
29. Periradicular surgery
30. Pre-prosthetic surgery
31. Orthodontics and surgery
32. Other surgical techniques
33. Spread and control of infection
34. Salivary gland diseases
35. Oral surgery in the medically compromised
36. Diseases of bone
37. Dental implants
38. Cryosurgery and laser surgery
Stenhouse, David Senior Lecturer in Oral Surgery, University of Glasgow, UK.
Lee, David Consultant General and Endocrine Surgeon, West Lothian and Lothian University Hospitals, NHS Trust, UK.
Clark, Andrew J. E. Clinical Research Fellow, MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK.