This report is the result of New World Wealth’s extensive research covering the wealth market in India. The report covers wealth trends in the country from 2007 to 2017, with projections to 2027.
- General wealth trends in India over the past 10 years.
- City wealth breakdowns for India.
- Detailed review of the local luxury and wealth management sector.
- HNWI trends in India over the past 10 years.
- HNWI migration trends in India over the past 10 years.
- Asset allocations and behavioural mapping of HNWIs in India.
- Demographics of Indian HNWIs including: city, work title, university, degree and sector breakdowns.
- Art, collectables, luxury car, luxury clothing and prime residential real estate statistics for India.
- India is the 6th largest wealth market in the world (in terms of total wealth held) after USA, China, Japan, Germany and the UK.
- Indian locals hold US$8.2 trillion in net assets (or wealth). Around US$3.9 trillion (48%) of this is held by HNWIs.
- The average Indian individual has net assets of approximately US$6,600.
- There are approximately 330,000 HNWIs living in India, each with net assets of US$1 million or more.
- There are approximately 20,700 multi-millionaires living in India, each with net assets of US$10 million or more.
- There are 1,064 centi-millionaires living in India, each with net assets of US$100 million or more.
- There are 119 billionaires living in India, each with net assets of US$1 billion or more. India has a particularly large number of billionaires - only two counties worldwide have more billionaires than India, namely: USA and China.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.2 Notes and Definitions
1.3 Sources and methodology
2 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
2.1 Regional landscape
2.2 Economic Review
2.3 Benchmarking India’s Wealth in Context
2.3.1 World statistics
2.3.2 Distribution of wealth in India
2.3.3 Wealth trends
3 The wealthiest cities in India
4 HNWI trends in India
4.1 Behavioral mapping and asset allocations
4.2 Demographics of Indian HNWIs
4.2.1 Educational background
4.2.2 Industry breakdown
4.2.3 Work title breakdown
4.3 HNWI migration trends
4.4 Prime real estate
4.6 Luxury sector
4.6.1 Luxury clothing & accessory brand stores
4.6.2 Luxury cars
4.6.3 Luxury hotels
4.7 Wealth management
5 About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: India: HNWI wealth band definitions
Table 2: India: Cities by GDP, 2017
Table 3: India: City wealth breakdown, 2017
Table 4: India: City wealth trends, 2007 – 2017
Table 5: India: HNWIs – Distribution by area of study, 2017
Table 6: India: HNWIs – Distribution by level of education, 2017
Table 7: India: HNWIs – Distribution by university, 2017
Table 8: India: HNWIs – Distribution by industry, 2017
Table 9: India: HNWIs – Distribution by work title, 2017
Table 10: India: Major cities ranked by US$ per square meter, 2017
Table 11: India: Luxury brand stores, 2017
Table 12: India: Upcoming luxury brand stores, 2017
Table 13: India: Top selling luxury cars, 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: India: Map of country
Figure 2: India: Behavioral mapping of the different wealth bands, 2017
- Aston Martin
- Christian Louboutin
- Jimmy Choo
- Louis Vuitton
- Paul Smith
- Rolls Royce
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Thomas Pink