Technological Adoption, Reliability, and Effectiveness of Service Solutions are Key Differentiators
The facilities management (FM) competitive landscape in Australia is mature yet highly competitive. The high outsourcing rate and mature end-user sectors continue to position the Australian market attractively to service providers. The domestic market is led by several established service providers, most of which observed strong performances during 2014-2016, resulting in minimal change in market share during the period. Despite the maturity of the domestic FM market, the market is perceived to be highly potent by both local and foreign service providers, which may be attributed to the high awareness among end users, with opportunities arising from the expiring of existing contracts. Many large corporations have in place guideline to test the market after engaging the same providers for a specific period or contract terms. The market is expected to be driven by the growing needs among certain end-user sectors such as healthcare and education, cost controlling measures from established service providers which resulted in longer term contracts, and continued outsourcing from the public sector.
At the same time, the market observes key restraints such as budget limitations and cost pressures affecting outsourcing decisions, challenges among service providers to stay up-to-date, and declining demand from the mining sector. Key growth opportunities that are observed in the Australian FM market focus on cost efficiency, critical environment, public-private partnerships (PPP), end-to-end solutions, and real-time analytics. The establishment of key service providers in critical facilities and end-user sectors is often difficult to waver due to the strong relationship and high technicality often involved in serving these facilities or sectors. This analysis of the competitive landscape of the Australian FM market identifies key market participants and provides in-depth profiling of each key market participant. The study looks into the core segments and market participants’ positioning in each key end-user segment and maps out strategies adopted by each market participant from the aspects of service delivery, end-user focus, internationalization, sustainability and future trend. This base year for the study is 2017.
Key Issues Addressed:
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the factors contributing and deterring market development? How do these factors affect the market?
- Who are the key market players in the market and what is their market positioning?
- How do competitors operate in the market? What are the strategies taken by each key market player?
- How will the structure of the market change with time? What M&As have the market witnessed recently?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Australian FM Market Snapshot
- Market Share Assessment
- Market Landscape Analysis
- Competitive Environment
- Key Market Player Profile
- Growth Opportunity 1-Cost Efficiency
- Growth Opportunity 2-Critical Environment
- Growth Opportunity 3-Private Public Partnership (PPP)
- Growth Opportunity 4-End-to-end Solutions
- Growth Opportunity 5-Real-time Analytics
- Growth Opportunities and Future of FM
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Companies in “Others”
- List of Exhibits