The "Duty Free Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2017-2022", report provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across Middle East and Africa.
The Middle East & Africa (MEA) clocked duty free sales of US$3.8 billion in 2017 and sales are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6% during 2017-2022 to reach US$5.1 by 2022. The UAE is the largest and fastest-growing market in the MEA, with sales of US$2.3 billion in 2017. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% to reach US$3.1 billion by 2022. Personal care - which includes sales from cosmetics and beauty products - is the largest category group in the region with sales of US$1.1 billion in 2017, accounting for 28.2% of total regional duty free sales as of 2017.
What else does this report offer?
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Middle East & Africa
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
- Expansion of airports to drive duty free sales
- Personal care to remain the largest category group
- Increase in number of tourists is a key growth driver
- Dubai’s strategic location and government efforts to drive sales
- The UAE will continue to be the largest duty free market in 2022
- Personal care continues to remain the largest and fastest-growing category
- Saudi Arabia set to register healthy growth over the next five years
- New duty free laws to curb use of products that cause harm to health.
Get immediate access to:
- Reliable duty free retail sales data across the Middle East & Africa for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk - Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
- Executive Summary
- Regional Analysis
- Country Analysis
- Key Trends
- Key Retail Innovations
- Competitive Landscape
- Sector Analysis