Trends, opportunities and forecast in gallium arsenide wafer market to 2023 by substrate type (SI GaAs and SC GaAs), by manufacturing technology (VGF, LEC, and Others), by application (RF Electronics and Optoelectronics), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World
The future of the gallium arsenide wafer market looks attractive with opportunities in radio frequency (RF) electronics and optoelectronics. The global gallium arsenide wafer market is expected to reach an estimated $1.3 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 11.5% from 2018 to 2023. The major drivers of growth for this market are increasing adoption of smartphones and growing penetration of light emitting diode (LED) in general lighting.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the gallium arsenide wafer industry, include growing demand for larger size GaAs wafers and reusing gallium arsenide wafers for higher performance devices.
A total of 67 figures/charts and 50 tables are provided in this 111-page report to help in your business decisions.
The study includes the gallium arsenide wafer market size, and forecast for the global gallium arsenide wafer through 2023, segmented by substrate type, manufacturing technology, application, and region as follows:
Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market by Substrate Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- Semi-Insulating Gallium Arsenide (SI GaAs)
- Semi-Conducting Gallium Arsenide (SC GaAs)
Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market by Manufacturing Technology [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- Liquid Encapsulated Czochralski (LEC)
- Vertical Gradient Freeze (VGF)
Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market by Application [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- RF Electronics
Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2012-2023]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
Some of the gallium arsenide wafer companies profiled in this report include Freiberger Compound Materials GmbH, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., AXT, Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, DOWA Electronics Materials Co., Ltd. and others.
VGF will remain the largest manufacturing technology, and it is expected to witness highest growth during the forecast period as it produces sub¬strates with relatively low defect densities and higher mechanical strength.
In the GaAs wafer market, optoelectronics will remain the largest application segment, and this segment is also expected to grow at highest rate during the forecast period supported by the increasing demand for LEDs and lasers.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest region by value and will experience the highest growth over the forecast period supported by increasing demand for smartphones and LEDs in China, Japan, Taiwan, and India.
Some of the features of “Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global gallium arsenide wafer market size estimation in terms of value ($M) and volume (Million Pounds) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Global gallium arsenide wafer market size by various applications such as substrate type, manufacturing technology, and application in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global gallium arsenide wafer market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of gallium arsenide wafer in the gallium arsenide wafer market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of gallium arsenide wafer in the gallium arsenide wafer market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global gallium arsenide wafer market by substrate type (SI GaAs and SC GaAs), by manufacturing technology (VGF, LEC, and Ot¬¬¬¬hers), by application (RF Electronics and Optoelectronics), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the gallium arsenide wafer market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the gallium arsenide wafer market?
Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this gallium arsenide wafer market and reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the gallium arsenide wafer market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the gallium arsenide wafer market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this gallium arsenide wafer market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this gallium arsenide wafer area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this gallium arsenide wafer market?
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
- AXT, Inc.
- DOWA Electronics Materials Co., Ltd.
- Freiberger Compound Materials GmbH
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Sumitomo Electric Industries
- Wafer Technology Ltd.
- Xiamen Powerway Advanced Material Co.
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.