The report on type 1 diabetes drugs market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global type 1 diabetes drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
The Type 1 diabetes drugs are used to treat the type 1 diabetic disease, and are also known as Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Type 1 diabetes is a condition where in pancreas produce very little or no insulin at all. Insulin is a hormone that allows sugar (glucose) to enter cells to produce energy. People suffering from type 1 diabetes have to take daily insulin injection to keep body glucose in normal range. Without insulin injection, patient may die. In type 1 diabetes condition, body’s immune system attacks & destroy most of the beta cells in the pancreas. Different factors, including genetics and some viruses, may contribute to type 1 diabetes. Although type 1 diabetes usually appears during childhood or adolescence, however it can also develop in adults.
Growing occurrence of the type 1 diabetes is the major factor driving the type 1 diabetes drugs market. The rising awareness about the type 1 diabetes and availability of its treatment drugs, introduction of new advanced insulin delivery devices such as pumps & pens and improved drug delivery system is expected to boost the growth of the type 1 diabetes drug market over the forecast period. However, high cost of insulin delivery systems, especially insulin pump and auto injector may act as a restraint to market growth. Moreover, the ongoing innovations in the diabetes drugs and the drug delivery system are projected to create the several opportunities in upcoming years.
Among the region, North America is dominating the type 1 diabetes drugs market owing to the high occurrence of diabetes among the population and adoption of new innovative insulin delivery systems such as insulin pumps are the major factors that are driving the North America region. The rapidly growing aging population and improved healthcare infrastructure in the Asia pacific region is likely to help to grow Asia Pacific region at the highest CAGR, during the forecast period
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global type 1 diabetes drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global type 1 diabetes drugs market is segmented on the basis of type and end user.
Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- XOMA Corp.
- Biodel, Inc.
- B.Braun Melsungen AG
- Astrazeneca Plc.
- DiaVacs, Inc.
- Biodel, Inc.
- Macrogenics, Inc.
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of type 1 diabetes drugs market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in type 1 diabetes drugs market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global type 1 diabetes drugs market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market
4. Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
5. Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by End User
6. Global Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
6.1.2. North America Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by End User
6.1.3. North America Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Country
6.2.1. Europe Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
6.2.2. Europe Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by End User
6.2.3. Europe Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by End User
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Country
6.4.1. RoW Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Type
6.4.2. RoW Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by End User
6.4.3. RoW Type 1 Diabetes Drugs Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.1. Eli Lilly And Company
7.2. Novo Nordisk A/s
7.3. Xoma Corp.
7.4. Biodel, Inc.
7.5. B.braun Melsungen Ag
7.6. Astrazeneca Plc.
7.7. Diavacs, Inc.
7.8. Biodel, Inc.
7.9. Macrogenics, Inc.