Seasonal influenza viruses circulate and cause disease in humans every year. In temperate climates, disease tends to occur seasonally in the winter months, spreading from person-to person through sneezing, coughing, or touching contaminated surfaces. Seasonal influenza viruses evolve continuously, which means that people can get infected multiple times throughout their lives. Therefore the components of seasonal influenza vaccines should be reviewed frequently and updated periodically to ensure continued effectiveness of the vaccines. Thus increasing prevalence of influenza and rising demand for faster diagnosis and control of influenza to drive the market growth. In addition growth in research funding for Influenza diagnostics to augment market growth. However, increasing price of novel influenza diagnostic techniques hinders the market growth. Advancements in genomic and proteomic techniques can create lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
Among the geographies, North America held the largest market share in diagnostic influenza market in 2017, owing to increase health awareness among population, government initiatives to control the disease rates and development of novel influenza diagnostic techniques. Asia pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rising healthcare infrastructure, higher rate of population which in turn, increases the chances of people getting affected with influenza.
The report on influenza diagnostic market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global influenza diagnostic market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global influenza diagnostic market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global influenza diagnostic market is segmented on the basis of test type and end-user.
Global Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
- Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests
- Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
- Cell Culture
- Point-of-Care Testing
- BD Medical
- Abbott laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Roche Diagnostics
- Alere Inc.
- Quidel Corporation
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- SA Scientific
- Luminex Corporation
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of influenza diagnostic market .
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in influenza diagnostic market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global influenza diagnostic market . The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Influenza Diagnostic Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Influenza Diagnostic Market
4. Global Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
4.1. Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests
4.2. Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR)
4.3. Cell Culture
5. Global Influenza Diagnostic Market by End-User
5.2. Point-of-Care Testing
6. Global Influenza Diagnostic Market by Region 2018-2024
6.1. North America
6.1.1. North America Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
6.1.2. North America Influenza Diagnostic Market by End-user
6.1.3. North America Influenza Diagnostic Market by Country
6.2.1. Europe Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
6.2.2. Europe Influenza Diagnostic Market by End-user
6.2.3. Europe Influenza Diagnostic Market by Country
6.3.1. Asia-Pacific Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
6.3.2. Asia-Pacific Influenza Diagnostic Market by End-user
6.3.3. Asia-Pacific Influenza Diagnostic Market by Country
6.4.1. RoW Influenza Diagnostic Market by Test Type
6.4.2. RoW Influenza Diagnostic Market by End-user
6.4.3. RoW Influenza Diagnostic Market by Sub-region
7. Company Covered
7.1. Bd Medical
7.2. Abbott Laboratories
7.3. Thermo Fisher Scientific
7.4. Roche Diagnostics
7.5. Alere Inc.
7.6. Quidel Corporation
7.7. Sekisui Diagnostics
7.9. Sa Scientific
7.10. Luminex Corporation