The spinal cord stimulation is a neuro stimulation therapy used to treat the certain pain condition like chronic pain by blocking the pain signals before they reach to the brain with the help of spinal cord stimulators. A spinal cord stimulator devices implanted under the patients skin, sends the electric signals to the specific areas of spinal cords to treat the pain. When the device is turned on, it modify the pain signal before it reaching to the brain. A spinal cord stimulator device contain small wire that carries the current (or electrical signals) and transmit it towards the nerve fibers of the spinal cord.
According to WHO, around the world, between 250,000 and 500,000 people suffer from spinal cord injury (SCI) every year .The rising incidence of spinal cord injuries, neurological disorder and the chronic back pain are the sizable factors that drives the growth of spinal cord stimulation market. In addition, growing geriatric population, and rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries also contributes towards the growth of spinal cord stimulation market. However, the high treatment cost and government regulations are hampering the market growth. Moreover, ongoing research and development in the spinal cord stimulation is expected to improve the market profitability and able to serve more opportunities in upcoming years.
Geographically, North America accounted for the highest share in the spinal cord stimulation market. In North America region the prevalence of chronic back pain is more that creates the demand of spinal cord stimulation among the population. According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorder and Stoke, about 80 percent of adults experience low back pain at any given time. In The U.S. 31 million people in the U.S. experience lower back pain says American Chiropractic Association. The Asia-pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR owing to rising demand of minimal intensive surgeries, improving healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure.
The report on spinal cord stimulation (scs) market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global spinal cord stimulation (scs) market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global spinal cord stimulation (scs) market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global spinal cord stimulation (scs) market is segmented on the basis of products, application and end user.
Global Spinal Cord Stimulation (scs) Market by Products
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Ischemic Limb Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Ambulatory Surgical Units
- ST. JUDE MEDICAL
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of spinal cord stimulation (scs) market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in spinal cord stimulation (scs) market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global spinal cord stimulation (scs) market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market
4. Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Products
5. Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Application
5.1. Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
5.2. Ischemic Limb Pain
5.3. Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
6. Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by End User
6.3. Ambulatory Surgical Units
7. Global Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Products
7.1.2. North America Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Application
7.1.3. North America Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by End User
7.1.4. North America Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Products
7.2.2. Europe Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Application
7.2.3. Europe Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by End User
7.2.4. Europe Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Products
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Application
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by End User
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Products
7.4.2. RoW Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Application
7.4.3. RoW Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by End User
7.4.4. RoW Spinal Cord Stimulation Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. St. Jude Medical