Insulin Pen Needles are used in conjunction with an Insulin pen for the injection of insulin. They come in a variety of needle lengths and diameters and are individually wrapped to keep them sterile. Diabetic Insulin pens resembles that of a pen, one use to write. There working is similar to that of insulin syringes. They come in both reusable and disposable version. Reusable models use a cartridge filled with insulin. Disposable pens come pre-filled with insulin. Major advantages of using an insulin pen includes, it has memory storage and it easy & convenient to use.
The increasing demand for next generation insulin pens/intelligent pens is driving the diabetes injection pen market. , intelligent pens are the most common and preferred for insulin injecting. These pens are simple to use and comes in both disposable and reusable version. These pens come with the memory that helps the user to know how long it has been since their last injection. The next generation insulin pens have gone beyond just having a memory. These pens are having built in Bluetooth, allowing patients to track trends & doses and share the data for a more complete management. Furthermore, the next generation insulin pen have improved design that reduces injection force, improved accuracy and ease of use. However lengthy process of governmental approvals for new products launches acts as a barrier for the market growth. Ease in new product approvals and mergers & acquisition can create growth opportunities for diabetes injections pens market in near future.
Geographically, North America accounted for the largest market share in 2017, followed by Europe. Presence of Major Medical Devices Company and presence of specialty clinics for diabetic’s management in these two regions have driven the growth in these regions over the past couple of years. Furthermore increase awareness about diabetes self-management education would also augment market growth. The Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at a swifter rate compared to other regions, on the backdrop of propelling per capita healthcare expenditure, growing healthcare infrastructure and rising awareness level about the usage of injection pens in the primary markets of Asia-Pacific such as India, China and South East Asian countries.
The report on diabetes injection pens market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global diabetes injection pens market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global diabetes injection pens market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global diabetes injection pens market is segmented on the basis of product type, usage and distribution channel.
Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
- Insulin Pens
- Pen Needles
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Sales
- Diabetes Clinics
- Sanofi S.A
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Owen Mumford Ltd
- Novo Nordisk A/S,
- Eli Lilly and Company
- AstraZeneca plc
- Jiangsu Delfu Co.
- Ypsomed Holding AG.
- Insulet Corporation
- Biocon Ltd.
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of diabetes injection pens market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in diabetes injection pens market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global diabetes injection pens market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market
4. Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
4.1. Insulin Pens
4.2. Pen Needles
5. Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Usage
6. Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Distribution Channel
6.1. Hospital Pharmacy
6.2. Retail Pharmacy
6.3. Online Sales
6.4. Diabetes Clinics
7. Global Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
7.1.2. North America Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Usage
7.1.3. North America Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Distribution Channel
7.1.4. North America Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
7.2.2. Europe Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Usage
7.2.3. Europe Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Distribution Channel
7.2.4. Europe Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Usage
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Distribution Channel
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Product Type
7.4.2. RoW Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Usage
7.4.3. RoW Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Distribution Channel
7.4.4. RoW Diabetes Injection Pens Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Sanofi S.a
8.2. Becton, Dickinson And Company
8.3. Owen Mumford Ltd
8.4. Novo Nordisk A/s,
8.5. Eli Lilly And Company
8.6. Astrazeneca Plc
8.7. Jiangsu Delfu Co.
8.8. Ypsomed Holding Ag.
8.9. Insulet Corporation
8.10. Biocon Ltd.