A bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) is the hearing device which operates on the bone conduction. This is surgically implemented system to treat the hearing loss with the help of vibrations. The bone-anchored hearing aid is suitable for the conductive hearing losses, single-sided deafness, and unilateral hearing losses. The hearing losses can occur when sound is unable to reach the inner ear. In bone-anchored hearing aid, a steel spring attached over the patient’s head collects the sound waves as a conventional hearing aid but instead of conveying sound waves, it transmit vibrations to the inner ear through the skull bone.
According to the WHO, around 466 million people are suffering from hearing losses and among that 34 million are children. The prevalence of the hearing losses among the children’s and the older are rising which creates the demand of bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) worldwide. In addition, the geriatric population, ongoing technological advancements, rising consumers interest in the BAHA over the conventional hearing aids are some of the factors driving market growth of bone-anchored hearing aid.
Meanwhile, in bone-anchored hearing aid, the sound quality is deficient due to the sound energy is lost during the transmission process. Also it has some disadvantages such as discomfort and the pain which is hampering the market growth. Moreover, to improve the sound quality the companies are focusing on the adoption of digital hearing aids and other new advanced technologies which are likely to create several opportunities in upcoming years.
Among the regions, North America dominates the market of bone-anchored hearing aid owing to the wide use of bone anchored hearing technologies in this region. Europe is the second largest region in the bone-anchored hearing aid market and the Asia-pacific is fastest growing region due to rapidly growing geriatric populations in this region
The report on bone anchored hearing aids market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global bone anchored hearing aids market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global bone anchored hearing aids market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global bone anchored hearing aids market is segmented on the basis of raw material, application and end user.
Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
- Titanium Alloy
- Ceramics Composites
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Mixed Hearing Loss
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Single Sided Deafness
- Siemens AG
- Sonova Holding AG
- GN ReSound,
- Sonic Innovations, Inc.
- Cochlear Ltd.
- Starkey Hearing Technologies,
- Oticon A/S
- Bernafon AG
- Natus Medical Incorporated
- William Demant Holding
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of bone anchored hearing aids market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in bone anchored hearing aids market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global bone anchored hearing aids market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market
4. Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
4.1. Titanium Alloy
4.2. Ceramics Composites
5. Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Application
5.1. Sensorineural Hearing Loss
5.2. Mixed Hearing Loss
5.3. Conductive Hearing Loss
5.4. Single Sided Deafness
6. Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by End User
7. Global Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
7.1.2. North America Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Application
7.1.3. North America Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by End User
7.1.4. North America Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
7.2.2. Europe Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Application
7.2.3. Europe Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by End User
7.2.4. Europe Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Application
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by End User
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Raw Material
7.4.2. RoW Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Application
7.4.3. RoW Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by End User
7.4.4. RoW Bone Anchored Hearing Aids Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.1. Siemens Ag
8.2. Sonova Holding Ag
8.3. Gn Resound,
8.4. Sonic Innovations, Inc.
8.5. Cochlear Ltd.
8.6. Starkey Hearing Technologies,
8.7. Oticon A/s
8.8. Bernafon Ag
8.9. Natus Medical Incorporated
8.10. William Demant Holding