Alopecia is a Latin word that refers to hair loss and scientifically, it is known as Androgenic Alopecia. This is a genetic hair loss condition that occurs in both male and female as pattern baldness and pattern hair loss. Globally, numerous people are suffering from the hair losses. The most common types of alopecia includes alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, alopecia universalis and so on. Mainly, alopecia is a genetic condition but it can also occur due to the fungal infection, serious health problem and unhealthy conditions of scalp. The alopecia drugs are used to treat the diverse conditions of hair loss.
The genetics is one of the major factor driving the growth of alopecia drugs market across the globe. The rising prevalence of cancer and its treatment methods such as chemotherapy, leads to heavy hair loss that results into the increase demand of hair loss therapies. In addition, the rising acceptance of alopecia drug across the world, rapidly changing lifestyle leading to physical inactivity and increase work stress among employees can results in hair falls. Factors such as less side effects of alopecia drugs, and enhanced effectiveness for treatments are some factors that contributes in the growth of alopecia market.
However, high cost of medication is hampering the growth of alopecia drug market. Moreover, ongoing research and developments by the healthcare expertise to increase the performance and efficiency of drug is projected to create more opportunities in upcoming years.
North America is expected to dominate the market of alopecia drug over the forecast period of 2018 to 2024.The North America government supports and favors innovation of new drugs, the hectic lifestyle of population results in rise in occurrence of hair fall cases which is expected to escalate the market growth of alopecia drugs in the North America region. In addition, the Asia-pacific region is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the alopecia drugs market due to the increasing population and rising healthcare expenditures for new innovative treatments
The report on alopecia drugs market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global alopecia drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global alopecia drugs market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global alopecia drugs market is segmented on the basis of alopecia types, route of administration (roa) and gender.
Global Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
- Alopecia Areata
- Alopecia Totalis
- Alopecia Universalis
- Johnson & Johnson
- Cipla Inc.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- Aqua Pharmaceuticals
- Bayer HealthCare
- Helix BioMedix
- The Himalaya Drug Company
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of alopecia drugs market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in alopecia drugs market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global alopecia drugs market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Alopecia Drugs Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Alopecia Drugs Market
4. Global Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
4.1. Alopecia Areata
4.2. Alopecia Totalis
4.3. Alopecia Universalis
5. Global Alopecia Drugs Market by Route Of Administration
6. Global Alopecia Drugs Market by Gender
7. Global Alopecia Drugs Market by Region 2018-2024
7.1. North America
7.1.1. North America Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
7.1.2. North America Alopecia Drugs Market by Route Of Administration
7.1.3. North America Alopecia Drugs Market by Gender
7.1.4. North America Alopecia Drugs Market by Country
7.2.1. Europe Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
7.2.2. Europe Alopecia Drugs Market by Route Of Administration
7.2.3. Europe Alopecia Drugs Market by Gender
7.2.4. Europe Alopecia Drugs Market by Country
7.3.1. Asia-Pacific Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
7.3.2. Asia-Pacific Alopecia Drugs Market by Route Of Administration
7.3.3. Asia-Pacific Alopecia Drugs Market by Gender
7.3.4. Asia-Pacific Alopecia Drugs Market by Country
7.4.1. RoW Alopecia Drugs Market by Alopecia Types
7.4.2. RoW Alopecia Drugs Market by Route Of Administration
7.4.3. RoW Alopecia Drugs Market by Gender
7.4.4. RoW Alopecia Drugs Market by Sub-region
8. Company Covered
8.2. Johnson & Johnson
8.3. Cipla Inc.
8.4. Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
8.6. Aqua Pharmaceuticals
8.7. Bayer Healthcare
8.9. Helix Biomedix
8.10. The Himalaya Drug Company