Tuberculosis (TB) is the infectious bacterial disease caused by the mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria. TB generally affect the lungs but it may affect the other part of body. This Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacteria can be transmitted into air when a person affected with TB coughs, sneezes or spits, laughs or talks.
According to WHO, Tuberculosis (TB) is one of the top 10 causes of death worldwide and in 2016, 10.4 million people fell ill with TB, and 1.7 million died from the disease (including 0.4 million among people with HIV). Over 95% of TB deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries. All over the world, the occurrence of TB is rising vary rapidly which drive the growth of TB Diagnostic Market.
Rising geriatric population, and more advanced diagnosis methods such as Interferon-gamma release assay, and cytokine detection assay and treatment option are some factors driving the growth of Tuberculosis Diagnostic market worldwide. On the other side, the high cost associate with the Tuberculosis diagnosis tests are hampering the market growth. The various government and other private organizations are focusing on the prevention of the TB. The rising awareness about the TB among the populations is likely to boost the growth of TB Diagnostic market in near future. Furthermore, the ongoing research and development to produce the cost effective and efficient TB diagnosis methods, which in turn can create more opportunities for the players operating in the Tuberculosis diagnosis market in upcoming years.
Among the region Asia-Pacific dominates the market of TB Diagnostic market. India accounts for the largest share of the TB Diagnostic market. According to the TB Report 2017 released by World Health Organization (WHO), India continued to have the highest number of tuberculosis (TB) cases in the world. The undeveloped healthcare infrastructure in the Asia Pacific countries highly contributes the market growth of TB Diagnostic market in the Asia pacific region. North America and Europe are expected to grow at the moderate CAGR over the forecast period
The report on tuberculosis diagnostics market is a comprehensive study and presentation of drivers, restraints, opportunities, demand factors, market size, forecasts, and trends in the global tuberculosis diagnostics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Moreover, the report is collective presentation of primary and secondary research findings.
Porter's five forces model in the report provides insights into the competitive rivalry, supplier and buyer positions in the market and opportunities for the new entrants in the global tuberculosis diagnostics market over the period of 2016 to 2024. Further, the Growth Matrix h Matrix given in the report brings an insight on the investment areas that existing or new market players can consider.
Primary research involves extensive interviews and analysis of the opinions provided by the primary respondents.
The primary research starts with identifying and approaching the primary respondents, the primary respondents are approached through:
1. Key Opinion Leaders associated
2. Internal and External subject matter experts
3. Professionals and participants from LinkedIn, Hoovers, Factiva and Bloggers
Primary research respondents typically include:
1. Executives working with leading companies in the market under review
2. Product/brand/marketing managers
3. CXO level executives
4. Regional/zonal/country managers
5. Vice President level executives.
Secondary research involves extensive exploring through the secondary sources of information available in both public domain and paid sources. Each research study is based on over 500 hours of secondary research accompanied by primary research. The information obtained through the secondary sources is validated through the crosscheck on various data sources.
Secondary sources of the data typically include:
1. Company reports and publications
2. Government/institutional publications
3. Trade and associations journals
4. Databases such as WTO, OECD, World Bank, and among others.
5. Websites and publications by research agencies
The global tuberculosis diagnostics market is segmented on the basis of test type.
Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
- Radiographic Methods
- Nucleic Acid Testing
- Laboratory Methods
- Drug-susceptibility Testing
- Mantoux Test (TST)
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- BioMerieux SA
- Hain Lifescience GmbH
- Hologic Corporation
- Abbott Laboratories
- Alere, Inc
1. Comprehensive analysis of global as well as regional markets of tuberculosis diagnostics market.
2. Complete coverage of all the segments in tuberculosis diagnostics market to analyze the trends, developments in the global market and forecast of market size up to 2024.
3. Comprehensive analysis of the companies operating in global tuberculosis diagnostics market. The company profile includes analysis of product portfolio, revenue, SWOT analysis and latest developments of the company.
4. Growth Matrix presents analysis of the product segments and geographies that market players should focus to invest, consolidate, expand and/or diversify.
1.1. Report Description
1.2. Research Methods
1.3. Research Approaches
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market Overview
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Growth Matrix Analysis
3.5. Competitive Landscape in the Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market
4. Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
4.1. Radiographic Methods
4.2. Nucleic Acid Testing
4.3. Laboratory Methods
4.4. Drug-susceptibility Testing
4.5. Mantoux Test (TST)
5. Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Region 2018-2024
5.1. North America
5.1.1. North America Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
5.1.2. North America Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Country
5.2.1. Europe Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
5.2.2. Europe Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Country
5.3.1. Asia-Pacific Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
5.3.2. Asia-Pacific Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Country
5.4.1. RoW Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Test Type
5.4.2. RoW Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market by Sub-region
6. Company Covered
6.1. Becton, Dickinson And Company
6.2. F. Hoffmann-la Roche Ag
6.3. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
6.4. Biomerieux Sa
6.5. Hain Lifescience Gmbh
6.6. Hologic Corporation
6.7. Abbott Laboratories
6.8. Alere, Inc