Energy and nutrition bar continued its growth during the forecast period. Energy bar market includes sports nutrition bars and snack bars designated to meet both daily and sports nutrition needs. International flux and large expatriate population, high GDP per capita, rising number of health conscious and meal replacement trend are various factors fueled the Energy Bar market growth. Economic downturn in countries, such as Saudi Arabia affected the consumer purchasing behavior and increase of price level.
Impulse and Indulgence Driving sales
Indulgence remains the key trend in confectionery sales, which drives snack bar market. About 50% of the population in UAE are below 30 years, which prefer snacking as fun and enjoyment. Large the young population who are shifting snacking consumption driving the sales. Consumers are always on the move due to busy lifestyle, which created a demand for convenient on-the-go snack option. The demand for the healthier snack is growing in the region with more preference for high protein and nutrition intact snack.
Innovative flavors, packaging, and convenience attract consumer and drive impulse purchasing.
Change in snack consumption pattern with consumers demanding for healthier products is expected to continue. Rising obesity and diabetic population in the region is another factor triggered the demand for healthy snacking. The annual snack bar sales in the Middle East & Africa crossed 12.8 million Kg in 2016, which is growing at a faster rate. Expanding supermarket/hypermarkets in the region driven impulse buying behavior of consumers offering discounts and multiple varieties.
UAE the Largest Market
The retail sale of UAE packaged food market is valued at USD 4.7 Billion in 2016, with snack food growing at a faster rate. High protein snack products, convenient pack size, and packaging material, are on rise among consumers. On-the-go snacking is the primary energy bar market trends. Emerging free-from, organic, vegan, and raw food trend in UAE is expected to drive energy bar demand. Supporting efforts from government to fight from health-related issues, increased awareness among consumers. Many leading retailers expand their selection of healthier food products on shelves to cater consumer growing demand for healthy products. The health & wellness food product market in UAE valued at USD 1.25 billion, with organic, free-from food is increasing at double-digit growth rate. Companies are innovating a product that is healthy, high protein, and exotic flavors.
- November 2016 - Gulf Capital invested majority stake in UAE online retail “Sporter.com” that distributes sports and nutrition products online. Sporter.com has a lion share in GCC online retail for nutritional supplements. The online sports and nutrition product sales in GCC accounts for 7% of the distribution market share.
Major players - GENERAL MILLS, INC., QUEST NUTRITION LLC, THE KELLOGG COMPANY, CLIF BAR & COMPANY, RISE BAR, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Market value (USD Million) and volume (Kg Million) data for each segment and sub segment
- Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
3.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Rising Demand for Health & Wellness Products
184.108.40.206 Expanding Distribution Channel
220.127.116.11 Increased Demand of On-the-go Snacking
18.104.22.168 Competition from Breakfast Cereals
3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Distribution Channel
4.1.1 Warehouse Clubs
4.1.2 Convenience Stores
4.1.3 Specialist Retailers
4.1.4 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
4.1.5 On-line Retail
4.1.6 Other Distribution Channel
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 Middle-East & Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arab
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. List of Company Profiles
6.2 Products & Services
6.4 Key Developments
6.5 Strategies Adopted
6.6 SWOT Analysis of Major Five Players
7. Companies Covered
7.1 General Mills, Inc.
7.2 The Kellogg Company
7.3 QuestNutrition LLC
7.4 Nutrition, Inc. (Pureprotein)
7.5 Clif Bar & Company
7.6 PowerBar, Inc.
7.7 The Gatorade Company
7.8 NuGo Nutrition
7.9 Kind LLC
7.10 NATURAL ORGANICS INC (Nature's Plus)
7.11 Rise Bar
7.12 MY SHANTI BAR
LIST OF TABLES
1: Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Country, Middle-East & Africa, 2015-2023
2. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Middle-East & Africa, 2015-2023
3. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Saudi Arab, 2015-2023
4. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, UAE, 2015-2023
5. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, South Africa, 2015-2023
6. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Egypt, 2015-2023
7. Energy Bar Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, Rest of Middle East & Africa, 2015-2023
8. Energy Bar Market: Volume in million Kg, by Country, Middle-East & Africa, 2015-2023
- General Mills Inc.
- The Kellogg Company
- QuestNutrition LLC
- Nutrition Inc. (Pureprotein)
- Clif Bar & Company
- Nestlé S.A.
- The Gatorade Company
- NuGo Nutrition
- Kind LLC
- NATURAL ORGANICS INC (Nature's Plus)
- Rise Bar
- MY SHANTI BAR