Komi paste by Ajinomoto’s Cook Do brand has garnered significant sales by following the modern promotional method of online video advertising.
In Japan, Ajinomoto promoted its Cook Do komi paste through YouTube videos and in-store promotions, helping the brand to reach its target audience more effectively. Sales of both the paste and companion products using the paste increased in targeted stores such as Life Corp.
- Modern promotions through online platforms such as YouTube have aided product sales.
- With the help of Dentsu (an advertising agency), Ajinomoto has capitalized on the increasing demand for recipe videos through video advertisements posted on the company’s website.
- The attributes of Ajinomoto komi paste meet a specific need of time-pressed consumers.
- Ajinomoto used TrueView spots across specific retail stores to promote its online video advertisement for Cook Do komi paste.
- Ajinomoto targeted consumers with "location-specific" digital advertisements for increased responses.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.