This qualification is studied online and examined externally.
The NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction Safety is a must for all those who are serious about wanting to gain a strong knowledge in the field of health and safety within the construction environment. This construction safety oriented course is broken down into two primary sections known as Units, the first Unit focuses on managerial issues such as international legislation, safety management systems, risk assessments etc. The second Unit addresses issues related to hazards and control measures, which can be found in construction activities. This includes working at height, demolition and excavation as well as general issues including electrical, fire, chemical and work equipment. This course will enable the leaner to become competent in making a construction activity safe while complying with appropriate regional legislation.
This wealth of construction safety information will provide the tools to aid and develop the necessary skills to become a great asset to your employer, who will value these well-sought skills.
There are no prerequisite entry requirements for this NEBOSH International Construction Certificate level qualification. Although students will find it helpful to have already achieved certification of the NEBOSH International General Certificate first as this greatly improves a students’ potential end-result. This construction qualification is aimed at those who are required to provide routine, day-to-day advice on health, safety and welfare in construction work environment.
- Awarding Body: National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Recommended: Construction Workers, Foremen, Site Managers etc
- Legislation: Globally, International
- Duration: 165 Hours (15 Days)
- Study: eLearning
- Examination: 2 x Written paper(s) (IGC1 & ICC1), plus 1 x Practical Inspection Report (ICC2)
- Examination Schedule: Available annually in the months of March / June / September / December
- Examination Registration Fee: £110 + exam venue fee (if applicable)
- Course Unit modules: 3
- Membership: TechIOSH, AIIRSM
- Progression: NEBOSH International Diploma, Degree, Masters
Standard of English:
An adequate understanding of the English language required by students who undertake study for the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate must be to such degree that they can both understand and articulate the key concepts contained within the course syllabus.
What is eLearning?
eLearning is an online classroom, which can be accessed at any time/ anywhere, fully supported by a team of accredited Tutors in the UK.
We have developed a multitude of interactions to nurture your learning style and stretch your abilities, giving you the best prospects for success.
- The course providers have been developed for maximum compatibilities across all device types
- System hardware spec: Web browser with multimedia capabilities
- There are no programs to download
- Your course is completely online, you only download content you choose
Exams and How You’re Assessed
There are three major course Units (IGC1, ICC1 & ICC2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate qualification.
The examinations are held four times each year and are to be taken on location at a registered NEBOSH examination centre. Additional sitting fees may be applicable based on the exam centre venue.
The examinations are scheduled on NEBOSH standard examination dates in the months of March, June, July and December.
Written Exam Papers
Examinations comprise of two 2-hour written papers for each of the core unit modules (namely IGC1 & ICC1), which means there are two, 2-hour examinations in total. Each written papers consists of one long answer question and ten short answer questions.
Practical Exam Papers
Students must also complete a practical inspection report assessment, which consists of carrying out a risk assessment of a workplace and preparing a short report - this is known as Unit ICC2.
How your NEBOSH papers are marked
The core Unit exam papers will be marked by approved NEBOSH examiners that provide basic feedback and an overall grade. You need to gain a minimum passing grade of 45 out of 100 marks for each of the core Unit exam papers. The Unit ICC2 inspection report is graded by your assigned tutor where you are required to gain 60 out of 100 marks to pass.
Only students who have enrolled with NEBOSH through an accredited NEBOSH Construction approved training centre are eligible to register for the examination.
Key Topics Covered:
- International standards for health and safety at work
- Implementation of health and safety management systems
- Identification of workplace hazards
- Methods of risk control within the construction industry
- Practical application of knowledge and understanding