This new edition of A Practical Guide to the UK Listing Regime provides an invaluable guide to, and commentary on, the FCA’s Listing, Prospectus, Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
As well as covering the process of seeking admission of a company’s shares to the Official List and to trading on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, A Practical Guide to the UK Listing Regime also advises on the preparation and publication of a Prospectus Directive compliant prospectus, and provides detailed commentary on the ongoing obligations of UK listed companies under the Rules.
Published in conjunction with the London Stock Exchange, this guide highlights the practical considerations company officers and their advisors need to take into account when complying with the Listing Regime. Updates include:
The new regime for disclosure and control of inside information
- The new regime for restrictions on, and disclosure of, directors’ share dealings
- Recent FCA enforcement decisions (e.g. Co-operative Bank, Asia Resource Minerals and Reckitt Benckiser)
- The latest development in corporate reporting (e.g. the Directive on Non-Financial Reporting and the ESMA Guidelines on the use of alternative performance measures)
- The Audit Directive and Regulation
- Changes to the Prospectus Rules and the Transparency Rules as a result of changes to the underlying European requirements.
- Regulatory framework
- Admission to the Official List
- Role and responsibilities of a sponsor
- Preparing and publishing a prospectus
- Control and disclosure of inside information
- Financial reporting and corporate governance
- Share dealings and interests in voting rights
- Market announcements and shareholder communications
- Significant and related party transactions
- Further share issues and share buy-backs.