The report entitled “The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2018-2022)”, provides analysis of the US outdoor recreation products market, with detailed analysis of market size, consumer spending, and segmentation of the industry. Analysis includes the market as per consumer spending, and by segmentation on the basis of types of products and activities.
Moreover, the report also assesses the key opportunities in the market and outlines the factors that are and will be driving the growth of the industry. Growth of the overall US outdoor recreation products market has also been forecasted for the years 2018-2022, taking into consideration the previous growth patterns, the growth drivers and the current and future trends.
Taking the key players operating in the US outdoor recreation products market, the report provides a business overview, financial overview and business strategies of the companies.
1. Executive Summary
2.1 Outdoor Recreation Industry: An Overview
2.1.1 Outdoor Recreation Industry: Meaning
2.1.2 Outdoor Recreation Industry Activities
2.1.3 Outdoor Recreation Experience Model
2.2 Outdoor Recreation Products Industry: An Overview
2.2.1 Outdoor Recreation Products Industry
2.2.2 Outdoor Recreation Products by Type
2.2.3 Outdoor Recreation Products by Activity
3. Market Analysis
3.1 The US Outdoor Industry Segmentation
3.2 The US Outdoor Recreation Market: An Analysis
3.2.1 The US Outdoor Recreation Market by Consumer Spending
3.3 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market: An Analysis
3.3.1 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Consumer Spending
3.3.2 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Segments (Active Footwear, Active Apparel, Outdoor Equipment and Sports Equipment & Apparel)
3.3.3 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market Segments by Growth Rate
3.3.4 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Activity
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Growth Drivers
4.1.1 Increased Online Purchases of Outdoor Recreation Products
4.1.2 Rising Outdoor Participation
4.1.3 Accelerated Mergers & Acquisitions in the Industry
4.1.4 Increased Demand for Winter Sport Products
4.1.5 Growing International Visitors
4.1.6 Strong Macroeconomic Climate
4.1.7 Improved Per Capita Disposable Income
4.1.8 Generational Shifts Toward Healthier Lifestyles
4.2.1 Rising Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Changes in Political Scenarios
4.2.3 Climate Uncertainties
4.3 Market Trends
4.3.1 Outdoor Recreation: A Powerful Economic Sector
4.3.2 Top Outdoor Footwear Sector Developments
4.3.3 Strong Adoption of DTC Business Models
4.3.4 Growing Emphasis on Athleisure
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market: Competitive Landscape
6. Company Profiling
6.1 VF Corporation
6.1.1 Business Overview
6.1.2 Financial Overview
6.1.3 Business Strategy
6.2 Columbia Sportswear Company
6.2.1 Business Overview
6.2.2 Financial Overview
6.2.3 Business Strategy
6.3 Lululemon Athletica Inc.
6.3.1 Business Overview
6.3.2 Financial Overview
6.3.3 Business Strategy
6.4 Nike Inc.
6.4.1 Business Overview
6.4.2 Financial Overview
6.4.3 Business Strategy
List of Figures and Tables
- Figure 1: Outdoor Recreation Industry Activities
- Figure 2: An Outdoor Recreation Experience Model
- Figure 3: Outdoor Recreation Products by Type
- Figure 4: Outdoor Recreation Products by Activity
- Figure 5: The US Outdoor Industry by Segmentation
- Figure 6: The US Outdoor Recreation Market by Consumer Spending; 2012-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 7: The US Outdoor Recreation Market by Consumer Spending; 2018-2022 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 8: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Consumer Spending; 2012-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 9: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Consumer Spending; 2018-2022 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 10: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Segments (Active Footwear, Active Apparel, Outdoor Equipment and Sports Equipment & Apparel); 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 11: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market Segments by Growth Rate; May 2017- May 2018 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 12: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Activity; 2012-2016 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 13: Online Outdoor Recreation Products Sales Growth Rate; 2014-2018 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 14: Outdoor Activities by Participation in the US; 2013-2017 (Million)
- Figure 15: The US Winter Sports Sales by Segment; August –December 2016 - August –December 2017 (US$ Million)
- Figure 16: International Visitors to the US; 2012-2022 (Million
- Figure 17: The US Consumer Confidence Index and Unemployment Rate; May 2014 – May 2018
- Figure 18: The US Per Capita Disposable Income; January 2014- January 2018 (US$)
- Figure 19: Activity Category Segmented by Generations; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 20: The US Cotton Price; Jan 2015- Jan 2018 (US$)
- Figure 21: The US GDP Share by Industries; 2016 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 22: VF Corporation Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 23: VF Corporation Revenue by Segment; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 24: VF Corporation Revenue by Region; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 25: Columbia Sportswear Company Net Sales; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 26: Columbia Sportswear Company Net Sales by Brand; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 27: Columbia Sportswear Company Net Sales by Region; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 28: Lululemon Athletica Inc. Net Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Figure 29: Lululemon Athletica Inc. Net Revenue by Segment; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 30: Lululemon Athletica Inc. Net Revenue by Region; 2017 (Percentage, %)
- Figure 31: Nike Inc. Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 1: Mergers and Acquisitions in the US Outdoor Recreation Products Market; 2018
- Table 2: Top Five Outdoor Footwear; 2017
- Table 3: The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market by Player Comparison
In the US region, the outdoor recreation industry is very wide and plays an important role in the region’s economy. The outdoor recreation industry provides various activities for releasing stress and bonding with family, friends and oneself. The outdoor recreation industry’s primary purpose are to be of a beneficial use (i.e. goal oriented activities or for purely leisurely pursuits allowing for the total immersion in nature).
Outdoor recreation activities includes trekking, rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, canyoning, camping, wildlife safari, snorkeling, scuba diving, running, sport fishing, swimming, fishing, waterskiing, skydiving, paragliding, and many more. An outdoor recreation experience model goes with user’s input first (i.e. motivation and preference for outdoor activity), second is user’s recreation choices (i.e. activities, environment and companions, equipment that is required, apparel and footwear selection, etc.) and lastly, user’s desired outcomes (recreational experience).
Outdoor recreation industry is divided into two parts: outdoor recreation products market and trip & travel spending. Outdoor recreation products market delivers all the products and equipments required for execution of an outdoor activity such as the apparel or footwear, bicycles, skis, fishing waders, tents, rifles, backpacks, etc. There are four segments of the outdoor recreation products market: active apparel, active footwear, outdoor equipments and sports equipment & apparel.
The US Outdoor Recreation Products Market is expected to increase at high growth rates during the forecasted period (2018-2022). The US outdoor recreation products market is supported by various growth drivers, such as increased online purchases of outdoor recreation products, an increase in participation, accelerated mergers & acquisitions in the industry, etc. Yet the market faces certain challenges, such as rising raw material prices, climate uncertainties, etc.
The author's core strengths include a seasoned management team, a highly demonstrable track record of seamless process integration and consistent delivery position. The research team uses its extensive knowledge of the various industries to analyze the market trends from both a vendor and an end-user perspective.
The research strategy is focused on high-quality secondary data combined with elaborate use of primary data. The team of research analysts provides a 360-degree overview of available data.
The analysts begin by searching industry reports, surveys, trade publications, company reports and press releases. They also include information gained by extensive interviews with major players and industry participants.
The background information, related to industry statistics, is provided by the author's proprietary databases.
The information is then analyzed and synthesized into a report - with market forecast, industry trends, and competitive strategies. The team of research analysts use both qualitative tools and quantitative techniques to get an insight into the industry.
The author's core expertise lies in researching, compiling and analyzing vast amounts of publicly available information and premier databases, into widely read reports.