Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) has a worldwide prevalence of approximately 1:4,000. Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP) encompasses a heterogeneous group of rare, inherited retinal disorders characterized by diffuse progressive dysfunction of primarily rod photoreceptors, with subsequent degeneration of cone photoreceptors, and retinal pigment epithelium. Primary symptoms include night blindness and progressive vision field loss, eventually leading to blindness.
Currently, about 70 genes have been identified to be associated with RP. However, there is no intervention to prevent manifestations or cure RP. But Luxturna, the first FDA-approved gene therapy, will represent the newest approach to treat the disease.Approval of two additional novel therapies (synthetic retinoid compound and stem cell therapy) will provide more options for patients and stimulate competition.
The report "Retinitis Pigmentosa: Competitive Landscape to 2026", provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of RP. Overall, it is expected that the new drug approvals, including gene therapy, stem cell therapy, and small molecule will drive RP market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
Components of the slide deck include:
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global RP market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global RP market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
1.1 Table of Contents
1.3 Related Reports
1.4 Upcoming Related Reports
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Key Events
3.1 Report Scope
3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology
4. Pipeline Assessment
4.1 Pipeline Overview
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country
4.3 Pipeline Products by Target/MOA Breakdown
4.4 Drug Review Designations
4.5 Products in Clinical Development
5. Clinical Trial Assessment
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in Retinitis Pigmentosa
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective
5.5 Enrollment Analytics
6 Commercial Assessment
6.1 Leading Marketed Products
6.2 Current & Future Players
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
7.1 Events Classification Overview
7.4 Japan, China, and India
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
8.4 About the Authors