The growing advancements in the field of technology, coupled with the changing consumer preferences with respect to HD display monitors, has led the way for the arrival of super hi-vision technology in the market. There is an increasing demand for computers and TV displays having 4K and 8K resolution technology, since this technology is expected to upgrade the television experience of consumers by providing them with video quality that is twice as good as HD and four to eight times that of normal televisions. Furthermore, proliferation of tablets, coupled with smartphone with quality resolution screen has also increased the adoption rate of 4K and 8K displays.
Asia-Pacific to Continue to Dominate the Market Over the Forecast Period
The burgeoning middle class population and falling unit prices of these 4K and 8K TV’s in the region have been instrumental in driving the super hi-vision market. The regional players have adopted strategies, such as partnering with internationally renowned companies to capture a greater market share. The increasing sales of consumer electronics, growing demand for digital signage in media and advertising and rising demand for head-up 4K and 8K displays in the automotive segment have contributed to the growth of the Chinese display market. The growing demand for consumer electronics, coupled with the trend of digitalization across Japan and India are also expected to significantly contribute to the growth of the super hi-vision market.
Media and Entertainment to Witness Fastest Growth Rate
Entertainment and media industry is one of the primary executioners of 4K and 8K technology, owing to various factors, such as better gaming experience, enriched entertainment opportunities. Major console manufacturers, like Microsoft and Sony have released super hi-vision enabled consoles to offer a more immersive and advanced gaming experience, which is expected to aid in the sales of super hi-vision TVs and monitors. Further, 4K/8K Ultra HD (UHD), as a home entertainment setup, has planted its stake in the market, but has not yet reached optimal levels of market adoption, due to high-costs associated with the technology, and limited availability of 4K/8K content.
Market Players: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD, LG DISPLAY CO., LTD, TOSHIBA CORPORATION , PANASONIC CORPORATION, SONY CORPORATION , IKEGAMI TSUSHINKI CO. LTD, SHARP CORPORATION, INNOLUX CORPORATION, RED DIGITAL CINEMA CAMERA COMPANY, HAIER GROUP CORPORATION, KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS N.V., HISENSE GROUP, BOE TECHNOLOGY GROUP, AND AU OPTRONICS, amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 – Sony announced the launch of its 4K Blu-ray player that supports Dolby Vision HDR and an A/V receiver at CES 2018. The UBP-X700 Blu-ray player is designed for 4K Blu-ray, and it includes built-in apps for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. The product launch is expected to strengthen the company’s brand image, as well as customer base in the media and entertainment Market
- January 2018 – Hisense has partnered Amazon by incorporating Alexa into their 4K TVs, while LG announced select 2018 TVs would include a built-in Google Assistant in its 4K TVs to accept voice commands from the remote. These strategies were aimed enhancing their product capabilities and brand image in the domestic, as well as international markets
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The demand for higher resolution displays that acts as a driver to the global market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Product and vertical that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Market Insights
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Supply Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry
5 Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Demand For High Resolution Display Products
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Heavy Investment In Content Creation And Broadcasting
6 Global Super Hi-Vision Market Segmentation
6.1 By Type
6.2 By Products
6.2.2 Smart TV
6.2.3 Smart Phone
6.3 By Vertical
6.3.1 Aerospace and Defense
6.3.2 Business and Education
6.3.3 Entertainment and Media
6.3.4 Retail and Advertisements
6.4 By Region
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East & Africa
7 Competitive Intelligence
7.1 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
7.2 LG Display Co., Ltd.
7.3 Toshiba Corporation
7.4 Panasonic Corporation
7.5 Sony Corporation
7.6 Ikegami Tsushinki Co. Ltd.
7.7 Sharp Corporation
7.8 Innolux Corporation
7.9 Red Digital Cinema Camera Company
7.10 Haier Group Corporation
7.11 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
7.12 Hisense Group
7.13 BOE Technology Group
7.14 AU Optronics
*List not exhaustive
8 Investment Analysis
9 Future of Global Super Hi-Vision Market
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- LG Display Co. Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Ikegami Tsushinki Co. Ltd.
- Sharp Corporation
- Innolux Corporation
- Red Digital Cinema Camera Company
- Haier Group Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Hisense Group
- BOE Technology Group
- AU Optronics