In North America the largest segments are: cakes, confections, salted snacks, processed snacks, nuts & seeds. Nuts and seeds are the fastest growing sub-segment globally, with 9.5% growth.
Meat snacks - jerky and protein packs - fastest growing sub-segment in North America, with 9% growth. Healthy snacks and combination snacks are driving the growth of the North America market and are forecasted to continue on a fast growth trajectory.
The top consumer trends include snacks advertised as:
- Contain a variety of flavours;
- Contain a combination of snacks.
Contract manufacturer activity is growing at greater rate than brand owner activity
- Increased outsourcing of production from large snack food companies as well as new and smaller companies jumping on the Healthy Snack bandwagon
- Co-packing is contract-based and therefore more volatile. Co-packers need various types of equipment to satisfy their customers’ various needs.
- Robotics pick-and-place filling capability
- Robotically-equipped case packers (high-precision case loading)
- Will not be important in the next 2-3 years may be more relevant in 5-10 years
- Packaging machines like cartoners struggling to run packages that contain post-consumer materials.
- Snack Food Market Overview
- Snack Food Segmentation
- Industry Trends
- CPG Demands
- Machinery Impact & Investment
- Global and North American Markets
- Savory Snack Food Market
- Sweet Snack Food Market
- Consumer Trends
- Retail Trends
- Better For You - Healthy Snacks
- Flexible Packaging
- Explosion of SKUs
- Shelf-Ready Packaging & Retail Secondary Packaging Trends
- Sub Segment Specific Trends
- Global vs North America Trends
- GPG Industry Trends & Challenges
- Contract Manufacturing Outlook
- GPG Unmet Needs
- Impact on Packaging & Processing Equipment
- Innovation Perspective
- FFS Machinery
- Investment in Machinery
- Context, Scope & Objectives
- Snack Foods Value Chain
- Machinery Segmentation
- Glossary of Terms & Resources