The market for urban rail systems has expanded substantially in the past few years; with an area from 81 km in 2006 expanding to about 425 km.
Urban rail systems are currently operational in 10 cities. The outlook for the sector is promising.
Over 100 stretches spanning 2,000 km have been planned at an investment of Rs 6.4 trillion. On a positive note, launch of the Metro Rail Policy in 2017 will provide a fillip to the lucrative line up of projects.
This policy aims to facilitate innovative financing, revive private investment by making public-private partnerships (PPPs) mandatory, promote transit- oriented development and provision of last-mile connectivity, and improve project appraisal procedures.
The new edition of the Urban Rail in India report provides an in depth coverage of the size and growth of the metro rail market as well as the recent developments and the expected impact of these on the sector.
The report also covers detailed profiles of operational, under construction and upcoming projects in the segment. This new edition covers the technology-related developments under each of the sub-segments.
SECTION I: Market Trends and Outlook
- Executive Summary
- Sector Overview
- Focus on Metro Rail Policy 2017
- Investment and Financing Experience
- Prospects for PPP
- Project Pipeline
- Investment Outlook and Opportunities (till 2024-25)
SECTION II: Segment Analysis, Outlook and Opportunities
- Rolling Stock
- Signalling, Train Control & Telecommunications
- Fare Collection Systems
- Construction: Metro Tunnels
- Construction: Elevated MRTS Structures
- Traction and E&M
SECTION III: Project Profiles
- Operational and Under Construction Projects
- Announced, Planned, Approved and Under Bidding Projects
- Metro Rail
- Light Rail Transit Projects
- Monorail Projects
Each project profile covers information on:
- Project background and scope
- Implementing agency
- Project cost, time and cost overruns
- Key consultant and contractors
- Key milestones and sources of fund
- Recent contracts and upcoming tenders
- Current status