This book provides insights into state-of-the-art control techniques for different types of AC machines (for example, Induction Motors, Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors and Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motors). The book gives up-to-date references along with a framework of the different types of AC machines modeling and control algorithms using MATLAB®/Simulink®. It is ideal for professional engineers and practitioners in AC drives, and as an advanced textbook for Masters and PhD students working in the control of electric drives.
- Chapter 2: Electrical Machines, Dynamic Models and Sensors in Drives Systems
- Chapter 3: Converters for Drives
- Chapter 4: DC Motor Drives
- Chapter 5: Synchronous Motor Drives
- Chapter 6: PM Synchronous Machine Drives
- Chapter 7: Control of PM Brushless DC Motor Drives
- Chapter 8: Switched Reluctance Motor Drives
- Chapter 9: Direct Torque Control of AC Machines
- Chapter 10: Direct Torque Control of PM Synchronous Motor Drives
- Chapter 11: Matrix Converter Driven AC Motor Drives
- Chapter 12: On-line Parameter Identification Methods for AC Drives with Induction Motors
- Chapter 13: Sensorless control of IM Drives
- Chapter 14: Sensorless control of PMSM Drives
- Chapter 15: Predictive Torque Control of Induction Motor Drive
- Chapter 16: Multiphase Machine Drives
- Chapter 17: Fractional Slot Concentrated Windings Machines and Drives
University of New South Wales, School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, Australia.
Mohammed Fazlur Rahman, Fellow IEEE (USA) is Professor and Head of the Energy Systems Group with the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications at the University of New South Wales. His research interests are power electronics, motor drives, design of electrical machines with permanent-magnet excitation, and motion control systems.Sanjeet Kumar Dwivedi Senior R&D Control Engineer.
Danfoss Power Electronics A/S, Denmark.
Sanjeet Dwivedi is Fellow IET(UK), SM IEEE(USA) andSenior R&D Control Engineer at Danfoss Power Electronics A/S, Denmark, and former Adjunct Professor with Curtin University Perth, Australia [2016-18]. He has more than 40 research articles andthree international patents. Dr. Sanjeet was awarded a Gold Medal for his master of engineering degree at Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (1999). He is a recipient of the Merit Award from Institution of India IE(I) (2006). He was also awarded the 9th Man on the Moon Global Innovation Award of Danfoss (2015) and the IETE-Bimal Bose Award (2017) for outstanding contributions in power electronics and drives.