Trends, opportunities and forecast in smart card IC market to 2023 by card type (microcontroller and memory), by type of interface (contact, contactless, and others), by end use industry (e-government, telecommunication, transportation, payment and banking, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)The future of the smart card integrated circuit (IC) market looks attractive with opportunities in telecommunication, payment and banking, transportation, e-government, and others. The global smart card IC market is expected to reach an estimated $4.3 billion by 2023 with a CAGR of 4.0% from 2018 to 2023. The major drivers for the growth of this market are increasing usage of Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) cards for mobile phones, growing adoption of electronic identification cards for various e-governance projects, and increasing usage of smart cards in payment and banking industries. Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the smart card IC industry, include the development of smart card IC that can provide more security and integration of smart cards with biometrics. A total of 74 figures /charts and 57 tables are provided in this 137 page report to help in your business decisions. The study includes the smart card IC market size and forecast for the global smart card IC market thorough 2023, segmented by card type, type of interface, end use industry, and region as follows:
Smart Card IC Market by Card Type [$M shipment analysis from 2012 to 2023]:
- Payment and Banking
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- The Rest of the World
In this market two types of cards, such as microcontroller and memory based are used. Microcontroller based smart card IC will remain the largest type, and it is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period as it enables secure payment facilities, authentication, and information storage for consumers.
The global smart card IC market is being used in various end use industries, such as e-government, telecommunication, transportation, payment and banking, and others. Telecommunication will remain the largest application segment during the forecast period supported by the rising adoption for subscriber identity modules (SIM) cards for mobile phones.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest region over the forecast period supported by increasing demand for smartphones in China and India. The government of various Asian countries mandates smart card IC in national ID cards, driving licenses, and other government identification cards, which is expected to drive the Asian smart card IC market during the forecast period.
Some of the features of “Smart Card IC Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global smart card IC market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2012-2017) and forecast (2018-2023) by application, and end use industry.
- Segmentation analysis: Global smart card IC market size by various applications such as card type, type of interface, and end use industry in terms of value and volume shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global smart card IC market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions of smart card IC in the global smart card IC market.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of smart card IC in the global smart card IC market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Q.1 What are some of the most promising, high-growth opportunities for the global smart card IC market by card type (microcontroller and memory), by type of interface (contact, contactless, and ot¬¬¬-hers), by end use industry (e-government, telecommunication, transportation, payment and banking, and others), and by region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the smart card IC market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the smart card IC market?
Q.6 What are the emerging trends in this smart card IC market and reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the smart card IC market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the smart card IC market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this smart card IC market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via product substitution?
Q.11 What M&A activity has occurred in the last 5 years in this smart card IC market?
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
- CEC Huada Electronic Design Co., Ltd.
- EM Microelectronic-Marin SA
- Infineon Technologies AG
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- On Semiconductor Corporation
The analyst has been in the business of market research and management consulting since 2000 and has published over 600 market intelligence reports in various markets/applications and served over 1,000 clients worldwide. Each study is a culmination of four months of full-time effort performed by the analyst team. The analysts used the following sources for the creation and completion of this valuable report:
- In-depth interviews of the major players in the market
- Detailed secondary research from competitors’ financial statements and published data
- Extensive searches of published works, market, and database information pertaining to industry news, company press releases, and customer intentions
- A compilation of the experiences, judgments, and insights of professionals, who have analyzed and tracked the market over the years.
Extensive research and interviews are conducted in the supply chain of the market to estimate market share, market size, trends, drivers, challenges and forecasts.
Thus, the analyst compiles vast amounts of data from numerous sources, validates the integrity of that data, and performs a comprehensive analysis. The analyst then organizes the data, its findings, and insights into a concise report designed to support the strategic decision-making process.