Hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection is a liver disease, which occurs only in the presence of Hepatitis B virus. An estimated 5% of HBV patients are affected with HDV. Sexual transmission is the primary mode for spread of the infection though vertical transmission is also possible. Presence of Hepatitis D virus in serum is the main diagnosis for determining the infection.
As an estimated 15 million to 20 million people are affected with Hepatitis D Virus globally. Most affected population is from Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South America and East Europe.
The total market value is estimated to be around $2 billion worldwide. However, vaccines against Hepatitis B are the only solution for avoiding HDV infections. Accordingly, seven companies are actively developing Hepatitis D Virus infection pipeline compounds. Companies participating in the pipeline include- Eiger BioPharmaceuticals Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Globeimmune Inc, MYR GmbH, Replicor Inc, Rodos BioTarget GmbH and SomaGenics Inc.
The Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline guide presents complete overview of drugs currently being developed for Hepatitis D (HDV). The pipeline review provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in preclinical, research, discovery, NDA/IND, pre registration, phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3 trials).
Drug development phase, current stage, mechanism of action, route of administration, orphan drug/ fast track/ other designations, drug class are provided for each of the Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline candidate.
Research and Development progress along with latest news related to each of the Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline candidates is included.
Major companies participating in therapeutic development of Hepatitis D (HDV) are included in this pipeline report. Company wise pre-clinical and clinical products along with details of drug originator, co-developers/ licensors are provided.
Amid strong interest for cure of Hepatitis D (HDV) from companies and institutes, the current research work serves as a reliable and comprehensive source of information of global Hepatitis D (HDV) clinical and pre-clinical products.
The report assists in identifying potential upcoming companies and drugs in Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline market along with progress of each drug. It also enables users to formulate effective strategies to stay ahead of competition.
Information in the report is sourced from our proprietary platform, built through extensive primary and secondary research methodology. Data is presented in user friendly and ready to use format.
Scope of Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline report includes:
- Panorama of Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline markets including statistics on therapeutic drugs and companies involved
- Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline candidates across various development phases including both pre-clinical, discovery and clinical stages are covered
- Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline candidates across various ‘Mechanism of Actions’ are also presented in the study
- Overview of companies participating in Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline with short introduction to their businesses and pipeline projects
- For each pipeline candidate, drug overview, details of mechanism of Action (MOA), originator, co-developer and licensee are provided.
- Research and Development progress and trial details, results wherever available, are also included in the pipeline study
- The pipeline study provides information on all ongoing and active projects and also presents the recent news associated with Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline therapeutics
- Get clear understanding of the entire Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline, with details on active projects
- Get in detail information of each product with updated information on each project along with key milestones
- Know the list of companies participating in global Hepatitis D (HDV) pipeline along with progress of each of the company’s products and information on associations/collaborations/licensing data
- Get trial information for each pipeline product under development
- Understand the pipeline structure in terms of mechanism of Action, phase and company
1. Companies Investing in Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline include-
Number of Companies with Hepatitis D (HDV) projects in pre-clinical Development-
Number of Companies with Hepatitis D (HDV) projects in Clinical Development-
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Companies based in Americas
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Companies based in Europe
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Companies based in Asia Pacific
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Companies based in Rest of the World
2. Pipeline Candidates include-
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Agents in pre- clinical/ Discovery stage of Development
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Agents in Clinical Development stage
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Therapeutic Compounds received special status
Mechanism of Action of most pipeline Drugs-
Small molecules among the Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline agents
II. Insights into Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline
1. Disease Overview
Introduction to Hepatitis D (HDV)
Symptoms and Causes of Hepatitis D (HDV)
Treatment or Prevention Options for Hepatitis D (HDV)
2. Phase wise Pipeline Compounds
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline- Pre- Clinical/ Discovery stage Drugs
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline- Phase 1 stage Drugs
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline- Phase 2 stage Drugs
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline- Phase 3 stage Drugs
Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline- Pre-Registration stage Drugs
3. Company wise Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Compounds
4. Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
III. Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Compound Details
- Pegylated Interferon-Lambda
- Myrcludex B
- REP 2139
- REP 2165
- RNAi Oligonucleotide
Name of the Therapeutic Agent
Co-Developer/ License Partner
Orphan Drug / Fast Track/ Designation
2. Drug Overview
3. Mechanism of Action
4. Current Status
5. Clinical Trial Details
IV. Hepatitis D (HDV) Pipeline Company Briefs
- Eiger BioPharmaceuticals Inc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Globeimmune Inc
- MYR GmbH
- Replicor Inc
- Rodos BioTarget GmbH
- SomaGenics Inc
1. Publisher’s Expertise
2. Research Methodology
3. Contact Information
Some of the sections depicted above may be removed or modified on the basis of information availability