Increase in prevalence of lung diseases is one of the main drivers behind the growth in Burkholderia (Melioidosis) Infections disease. South East Asian countries and Pacific nations are largely affected by the disease. Tropical and developing countries in Sub Saharan African and Latin American regions are also witnessing melioidosis.
Around 0.2 million patients are affected with the melioidosis disease and around half of the patients witness mortality. Poor diagnosis is the main challenge in detecting and treating Burkholderia Infections disease.
Individuals with low immunity levels and patients suffering from renal, lung and liver diseases are more susceptible to be affected by the highly pathogenic bacterium. Presence of the bacteria is detected through laboratory diagnosis of blood or urine or sputum.
Exposure to soil or water contaminated with these bacteria is the primary cause for occurrence of melioidosis.
Nine companies are actively developing therapeutic compounds for treatment of Melioidosis Infections. A total of 10 therapeutic candidates are being developed which include vaccines such as MVA-BN Vaccine and Syntiron Vaccines.
Companies actively investing their resources in Burkholderia Infection pipeline include- AlgiPharma AS, Bavarian Nordic A/S, Emergent BioSolutions Inc, Forge Therapeutics Inc, Grifols SA, MerLion Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd, Soligenix Inc, Syntiron LLC and VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals.
The Burkholderia pipeline guide presents complete overview of drugs currently being developed for Burkholderia. The pipeline review provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in preclinical, research, discovery, NDA/IND, pre registration, phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3 trials).
Drug development phase, current stage, mechanism of action, route of administration, orphan drug/ fast track/ other designations, drug class are provided for each of the Burkholderia pipeline candidate.
Research and Development progress along with latest news related to each of the Burkholderia pipeline candidates is included.
Major companies participating in therapeutic development of Burkholderia are included in this pipeline report. Company wise pre-clinical and clinical products along with details of drug originator, co-developers/ licensors are provided.
Amid strong interest for cure of Burkholderia from companies and institutes, the current research work serves as a reliable and comprehensive source of information of global Burkholderia clinical and pre-clinical products.
The report assists in identifying potential upcoming companies and drugs in Burkholderia pipeline market along with progress of each drug. It also enables users to formulate effective strategies to stay ahead of competition.
Information in the report is sourced from our proprietary platform, built through extensive primary and secondary research methodology. Data is presented in user friendly and ready to use format.
Scope of Burkholderia pipeline report includes:
- Panorama of Burkholderia pipeline markets including statistics on therapeutic drugs and companies involved
- Burkholderia Pipeline candidates across various development phases including both pre-clinical, discovery and clinical stages are covered
- Burkholderia pipeline candidates across various ‘Mechanism of Actions’ are also presented in the study
- Overview of companies participating in Burkholderia pipeline with short introduction to their businesses and pipeline projects
- For each pipeline candidate, drug overview, details of mechanism of Action (MOA), originator, co-developer and licensee are provided.
- Research and Development progress and trial details, results wherever available, are also included in the pipeline study
- The pipeline study provides information on all ongoing and active projects and also presents the recent news associated with Burkholderia pipeline therapeutics
- Get clear understanding of the entire Burkholderia pipeline, with details on active projects
- Get in detail information of each product with updated information on each project along with key milestones
- Know the list of companies participating in global Burkholderia pipeline along with progress of each of the company’s products and information on associations/collaborations/licensing data
- Get trial information for each pipeline product under development
- Understand the pipeline structure in terms of mechanism of Action, phase and company
1. Companies Investing in Burkholderia Pipeline include-
Number of Companies with Burkholderia projects in pre-clinical Development-
Number of Companies with Burkholderia projects in Clinical Development-
Burkholderia Pipeline Companies based in Americas
Burkholderia Pipeline Companies based in Europe
Burkholderia Pipeline Companies based in Asia Pacific
Burkholderia Pipeline Companies based in Rest of the World
2. Pipeline Candidates include-
Burkholderia Pipeline Agents in pre- clinical/ Discovery stage of Development
Burkholderia Pipeline Agents in Clinical Development stage
Burkholderia Pipeline Therapeutic Compounds received special status
Mechanism of Action of most pipeline Drugs-
Small molecules among the Burkholderia Pipeline agents
II. Insights into Burkholderia Pipeline
1. Disease Overview
Introduction to Burkholderia
Symptoms and Causes of Burkholderia
Treatment or Prevention Options for Burkholderia
2. Phase wise Pipeline Compounds
Burkholderia Pipeline- Pre- Clinical/ Discovery stage Drugs
Burkholderia Pipeline- Phase 1 stage Drugs
Burkholderia Pipeline- Phase 2 stage Drugs
Burkholderia Pipeline- Phase 3 stage Drugs
Burkholderia Pipeline- Pre-Registration stage Drugs
3. Company wise Burkholderia Pipeline Compounds
4. Burkholderia Pipeline by Mechanism of Action
III. Burkholderia Pipeline Compound Details
- Alginate oligosaccharide
- MVA-BN VACCINE
- Burkholderia pseudomallei (melioidosis) vaccine
Name of the Therapeutic Agent
Co-Developer/ License Partner
Orphan Drug / Fast Track/ Designation
2. Drug Overview
3. Mechanism of Action
4. Current Status
5. Clinical Trial Details
IV. Burkholderia Pipeline Company Briefs
- AlgiPharma AS
- Bavarian Nordic A/S
- Emergent BioSolutions Inc
- Forge Therapeutics Inc
- Grifols SA
- MerLion Pharmaceuticals Pte Ltd
- Soligenix Inc
- Syntiron LLC
- VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals Inc
1. Publisher’s Expertise
2. Research Methodology
3. Contact Information
Some of the sections depicted above may be removed or modified on the basis of information availability