The global market for telemedicine technologies was valued at around at $26.7 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach around $77.2 billion in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 19.4% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2022.
Telemedicine technologies Market, 2014 – 2022 report from the publisher provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global telemedicine technologies market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
- Identify growth segments for investment.
- Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
- Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
- Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
- Benchmark performance against key competitors.
- Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
- Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
- Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
- Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for telemedicine technologies? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The telemedicine technologies global market report from the publisher answers all these questions and many more.
- The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography.
- The market overview section of the report defines and explains the market.
- Market segmentations break down market by industry, by type of product, by geography.
- The market breakdown by geography gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers all the regions, like Americas, Asia-Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East And Africa).
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a Description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
Markets covered: Tele-Home, Tele-Hospital, Tele-Radiology, Tele-Consultation, Tele-Monitoring, Tele-Surgery, And Others.
Companies mentioned: Aerotel Medical Systems, Cerner Corporation, AMD Telemedicine, GE Healthcare (Subsidiary of GE), Polycom Inc. and Honeywell Life Care Solutions (Subsidiary of Honeywell International Inc.)
Regions: North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Rest of the world
Time series: historic and forecast (2014-2022)
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
1.1 Research Scope And Description
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3.1 Secondary Research
2 Global Telemedicine Technologies: Market Segmentation
3 Executive Summary
4 Global Telemedicine Technologies Market Overview
5 Market Drivers
5.1 Ageing population
5.2 Shortage Of Physicians And Specialist Healthcare Professionals
5.3 Ubiquity Of Mobile Technologies Drive The Market Growth
5.4 Lowering Cost And Improving Patient Satisfaction Will Drive The Market Growth
6.1 Privacy And Security Concerns Hindering The Growth Of Market
6.2 Dearth Of Trained Professionals Who Has Expertise In Telemedicine Applications Might Hamper The Market Growth
6.3 High Cost Of Telemedicine Technologies Hamper The Growth Of Global Telemedicine Technologies Market
7 Value Chain Analysis
8 Porter’s Five Forces
8.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
8.2 Bargaining Power Of Buyers
8.3 Threat Of New Entrants
8.4 Threat Of Substitutes
8.5 Competitive Rivalry
9 Competitive Landscape
10 Global Telemedicine Technologies Market
10.1 Global Telemedicine Technologies Market, By Service Of Area
10.1.1 Tele-Home Segment
10.1.2 Tele-Hospital Segment
10.2 Global Telemedicine Technologies Market, By Application
10.3 Global Telemedicine Technologies Market, By Geography
10.3.1 North America
10.3.4 Rest Of The World
11 Company Profiles
11.1 Aerotel Medical Systems
11.1.1 Company Overview
11.1.2 Business Strategy
11.1.3 Financial Overview
11.1.4 Products And Services
11.1.5 Recent Developments
11.1.6 Key Executives
11.2 Cerner Corporation
11.2.1 Company Overview
11.2.2 Business Strategy
11.2.3 Financial Overview
11.2.4 Products And Services
11.2.5 Recent Developments
11.2.6 Key Executives
11.3 AMD Telemedicine
11.3.1 Company Overview
11.3.2 Business Strategy
11.3.3 Financial Overview
11.3.4 Products And Services
11.3.5 Recent Developments
11.3.6 Key Executives
11.4 GE Healthcare (Subsidiary of GE)
11.4.1 Company Overview
11.4.2 Business Strategy
11.4.3 Financial Overview
11.4.4 Products And Services
11.4.5 Recent Developments
11.4.6 Key Executives
11.5 Polycom Inc.
11.5.1 Company Overview
11.5.2 Business Strategy
11.5.3 Financial Overview
11.5.4 Products And Services
11.5.5 Recent Developments
11.5.6 Key Executives
11.6 Honeywell Life Care Solutions (Subsidiary of Honeywell International Inc.)
11.6.1 Company Overview
11.6.2 Business Strategy
11.6.3 Financial Overview
11.6.4 Products And Services
11.6.5 Recent Developments
11.6.6 Key Executives
13 Market Data Sources
14 Research Methodology
15 Note on Currency Conversions
16 Research Inquiries
17 The publisher
18 Copyright and Disclaimer
Telemedicine allows healthcare professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients in remote locations by using telecommunications and information technology as medium of communication between patients and doctors. Telemedicine is also referred to as telehealth or e-health. Telemedicine enables patients in remote locations to access medical expertise easily, efficiently and without travel. Telemedicine provides more efficient use of limited expert resources to monitor patients in remote locations whenever it is required without leaving their facility. In addition, this technology helps local practitioners to consult with their peers and with other clinical experts when it is required. Telemedicine further allows them to participate in seminars and educational conferences they would not normally have access to without travel and time away from their patient.
Telemedicine has now become standard medical practice and is in daily use across various developed and developing countries as a cost effective solution to deliver healthcare treatment patients in remote locations. Over 10,000 peer review papers have been published over the past 20 years supporting the clinical effectiveness and cost savings of telemedicine. Telemedicine services found its application various medical service areas such as pathology, cardiology, dermatology, pediatrics, genetics, radiology, psychiatry, diabetes control, among others.
The global telemedicine technologies market is primarily driven by pressure to reduce healthcare costs, increased use of mobile devices for healthcare and increase in government funding. In addition, rise in base of geriatric population, increased medical treatments in remote locations, technological advances and rise in demand for quality healthcare further propelling the growth of this market.
Despite the presence of several drivers, the market for telemedicine is facing some challenges and a major challenge is the lack of common standards. The specific standards of telehealth applications for various medical service segments still needs to be defined appropriately by healthcare administrators in various countries. Another challenge is the management of large volume of data that is increasing exponentially as a result of advances in telehealth technology.
Geographically, the market for telemedicine is led by North America and is followed by Europe and APAC. Strong regulatory support, early adoption and consumer awareness made US, the leading country for telemedicine technologies market.
Some of the prominent players of this market include Aerotel Medical Systems Limited, AMD Telemedicine, Inc., Apollo PACS Inc., GE Healthcare Ltd., Polycom, among others.
The global market for telemedicine technologies was valued at $26.7 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach $77.2 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 19.4% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
- AMD Global Telemedicine Inc.
- BioTelemetry Inc.
- CardioComm Solutions Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Honeywell International Inc.
- InTouch Technologies Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- 3M Company
- Western Europe:
- Agfa HealthCare NV
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- OBS Medical Ltd
- Robert Bosch Healthcare
- 3M Company
- GE Healthcare
- Apollo Tele Health Services
- Neusoft Corporation
- Aerotel Medical Systems Ltd.
- LifeWatch Saglik Hizmetleri A.S.
- Mennen Medical Ltd.
- SHL Telemedicine