This issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE presents recent innovations in hydrophobic, anti-corrosive, and self-healing coatings for different industries. Self-healing technology is one of the key research directions for smart coatings. The current issue includes two self-healing coating idea/products, which can be used for metal and paint protection. Another important market trend is that coating materials have started to shift toward the use of eco-friendly ingredients in the formulation due to increasing environmental awareness. The TOE profiles coating technology that uses biobased coating materials in metal and agricultural industry, which could provide more insights in terms of sustainable coating technology.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Table of Contents
Recent Innovations in Coating Technologies
- Combination of Water Repellent and Eco-friendly Biocide as Protective Coating Layer for Stone Monument
- Anti-corrosive Coating with Self-healing Performance Using Coconut Oil-based Healing Agent
- Environmental-friendly Multi-metal Pre-treatment Process Using Silane-based Coating Systems
- Self-healing Ceramic-based Nanocoating for Vehicle Paint Protection
- Hydrophobic Nano-silica Coating to Prevent Growth of Potato Sprouts
- Key Contacts