The global smartphone market growth in 2018 is expected to be similar to that in 2017. Meanwhile, the long-awaited 5G smartphones will hit the market in 2019 but the widespread adoption of 5G commercial networks will have to wait until 2020-2021; significant replacement demand for 5G smartphones is projected to surface in 2020. The smartphone subscriber growth in US and European markets remains stagnant, and India, the Middle East, and Africa now the major growth drivers instead; due to India's customs tariff for imports, Taiwanese OEM/ODM makers and smartphone brands like Samsung and Oppo have thus increased their investments in India for India-made smartphones.
This report provides an overview of the development of the worldwide smartphone industry and major smartphone brands, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, and vivo, and examines the latest development trends of AI-powered smartphones as well as its application development trends.
List of Topics
- Development of the global smartphone industry and includes its market volume forecast for the period 2018-2022, as well as market share by major brands from 2016 to 2018.
- Development of major smartphone brands, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, from the perspectives of product layout strategies, key product features, produce line trends, and future developments.
- Development of AI-powered smartphones, touching on its penetration of the total smartphone, advantages, computing workflow, and the ecosystem which entails smartphone brands and their cloud, semiconductor IP, chip, and software partners; detailed specs of smartphones with an AI processor.
- Development of AI smartphone applications from image, sound/voice, and sensor perspectives
- Uncanny Vision
Primary research with a holistic, cross-domain approach
The exhaustive primary research methods are central to the value that the analyst delivers. A combination of questionnaires and on-site visits to the major manufacturers provides a first view of the latest data and trends. Information is subsequently validated by interviews with the manufacturers' suppliers and customers, covering a holistic industry value chain. This process is backed up by a cross-domain team-based approach, creating an interlaced network across numerous interrelated components and system-level devices to ensure statistical integrity and provide in-depth insight.
Complementing primary research is a running database and secondary research of industry and market information. Dedicated research into the macro-environmental trends shaping the ICT industry also allows the analyst to forecast future development trends and generate foresight perspectives. With more than 20 years of experience and endeavors in research, the methods and methodologies include:
- Component supplier interviews
- System supplier interviews
- User interviews
- Channel interviews
- IPO interviews
- Focus groups
- Consumer surveys
- Production databases
- Financial data
- Custom databases
- Technology forecasting and assessment
- Product assessment and selection
- Product life cycles
- Added value analysis
- Market trends
- Scenario analysis
- Competitor analysis