Working together today is far more complicated than it had been years ago. Not only we are working with our classmates and neighbors, but we are also working with people of different ages, genders and cultures who come to us from all over the world.
In addition to these differences, we have personality and character differences - some of which can be quite toxic.
So this webinar will focus on how to deal with the inevitable conflicts, difficult people and situations that occur in the workplace so that it leads to positive outcomes, both for the people involved and the organization.
Objectives of the Presentation
- Recognize differences due to external factors and how they lead to conflict
- Dealing effectively with difficult people
- Explore new ways to interview and investigate
- Discover alternative methods to handle disputes
- Recognize which type of intervention to use in which kind of situation
- Identify the differences in the major types of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Why Should you Attend
This course is designed to help you recognize and deal with many different types of people. From mild misunderstandings to serious conflict, you will acquire strategies for finding workable solutions.
In addition, the course introduces you to more formal dispute resolution. This is called ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) and consists of three forms: Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation.
- You will explore different types of personalities, styles of thinking, and forms of interaction
- You will discover that a few simple strategies on your part make it easier to deal with the more difficult types of people you encounter
- You will learn to identify types of conflict resolution and when it is best to use each type
- You will recognize when it is necessary to refer the dispute to professionals
Ms ArLyne Diamond,
President and Founder ,
ArLyne Diamond, Ph.D. is an internationally recognized Leadership, Management, Professional Development and O-D consultant specializing in people and processes in the workplace. Multifaceted, Dr. Diamond has extensive experience in a wide range of disciplines (business, education, management, marketing, business ownership, psychology - and some economics and law as well.) This enables her to see things from a variety of angles and to cleave to the essence of a problem quickly, offering her clients creative and practical solutions.
As the President and Founder of her consulting firm, Diamond Associates, which was established in 1981, Dr. Diamond's clients range from boards of directors and upper management to support staff in many industries, both public and private. This includes small business and professional practices, corporations, associations, service/charity organizations and government agencies (including police and fire.) She works with individuals, teams and large groups. Dr. Diamond trains Boards of Directors and teaches several courses to board members and those striving for board appointments.
She is well known for her skill in large and small group process, including workshops in strategic planning, change management, conflict resolution, system streamlining, communication, management of people and projects, as well as board of directors development, committee and team training.
Her executive consulting/coaching and mentoring of individuals includes helping new CEOs grow into their position and learn how to create and work with executive teams, stakeholders, and others in their organization.
Dr. Diamond taught a wide range of MBA university courses in Business, Organizational Development, Quality, Change Management, Persuasion/ Negotiation, Marketing and Leadership and others. She also taught a series of Psychology courses to graduate and undergraduate students.
Who will Benefit
- HR Professionals
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- HR Heads
- HR Managers
- Senior HR leaders
- Chief Learning Officer
- Supervisors and managers at all levels as well as those wishing to become managers