The new American president clearly outlined his energy priorities by calling renewable energy a waste of money and placing his bet openly on hydrocarbons. This is excellent news for American shale companies. Just like the significant growth in global oil prices in 2017 and especially early 2018.
The US shale sector has drawn special attention for a long time now. It is the key game changer in the industry.
For a short time the States was able to almost double production, and this could not help but influence the global oil balance. Hence colossal attention is drawn to shale projects in North America.
Everyone would like to know how much oil it can really extract. And there is also the subject of shale gas. The US too aggressively advertises expected dramatic growth in LNG production. It is, however, impossible without substantial increase in the production of gas, once again from shale.
What is really going on today in the US shale industry after all? Read about this in the new report prepared by the National Energy Security Fund.
In the report you will find answers to the following questions:
Reserves, real and make-believe
- What shale oil and shale gas reserves does the United States possess?
- What are their assessment specifics?
- Can official statistics be trusted and what is the right way to analyse them?
The cost of shale oil and shale gas production for key plays
- Detailed analysis of the economics of key shale projects
- The structure of the cost of production and analysis of breakeven level for key shale plays
Production dynamics for key plays:
- Eagle Ford
- Woodford and others
The condition of independent companies operating shale plays in the US
- Hedging of financial risks
- Companies’ profitability dynamics
- Survival forecast
Assessment of the future prospects of the US "shale revolution"
- Analysis using the three key parameters: geological, economic, and technological
Forecast for the actual potential for LNG export from the US
- At what rates infrastructure for gas export is being prepared
- How prices at American hubs will influence the level of production
- Canada factor taken into account
- Key scenarios
Shale Oil & Gas overwiev: Terms and Classification. World Resources
US Shale Industry
- US Oil and Gas Production Overview
- Assessment of US Shale Reserves and Resources by Key Basins
- US Shale Oil & Gas Breakeven by Key Plays. Factor Analysis
US Shale Oil Production from Key Plays
- Eagle Ford
- Bakken/Three Forks
- Other Plays
US Shale Gas Production from Key Plays
- Eagle Ford
- Other Plays
Long-term Forecast for US Shale Industry Development
- Forecast for Shale Oil Production by Play
- US Oil Balance: Does Cancelling Export Restrictions Make Sense?
- Shale Gas Production Forecast by Play
- US Gas Balance. Assessment of LNG Export Prospects
Overview of Independent Operators of US Shale Plays
- Role of Independent E&P’s in US Shale Oil & Gas Production
- Cost Analysis for US Shale Plays Development
- Hedging Shale Production Prices: Is There Confidence in Tomorrow?
- M&A: Salvation or Road to Bankruptcy?
Potential Bankruptcies and Estimated Shale "Lost Production"
Future Development of Shale Plays, Its Role in US Energy Security
Appendix No 1: Estimated Hyperbolic Decline Curve Parameters for Select Shale Plays
Appendix No 2: Reassessment of US Proved Shale Oil and Gas Reserves for 2015
Appendix No 3: Oil Recovery Efficiency for US Selected Tight Oil Plays
Appendix No 4: American Oil and Gas Companies’ Filings for Bankruptcy (2013 to Dec 2017)
Unit conversion table
All materials and sources used for issuing each report are thoroughly verified and analyzed by experts. The information is based on industry statistics, data of oil and gas companies, information of federal and regional mass-media, materials of conferences and round tables.
The analyst has pored on the following goals:
- Analyses of oil & gas and power industries, political risks within the energy sector, geopolitical problems in connection with the production of hydrocarbons and their supply to the global market, strategic development of companies, new production and transportation projects
- Consulting on the influence of political factors on the oil & gas business, decision-making within Russian energy companies and government bodies dealing with the energy industry
- Development of energy business concepts in Russia
- PR services for oil & gas corporations
- Analysis of images and reputations of energy corporations