- How many physicians were reached by Cardene IV through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Hypertension - IV market?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend for each type of activity?
- How does Chiesi's depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Neurology, Pulmonology, Critical Care Medicine, Family Medicine, and Diagnostic Radiology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Cardene IV throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Cardene IV in 2017?
- The author leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available - covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 500 paid interactions across 300 physicians made on behalf of Cardene IV were carefully examined to support our analysis.